Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi SSR Fanatics,

Many of our members have been looking forward to a chance to submit to GM their input. Chevrolet has agreed to allow us to conduct a survey to assist and provide GM with some of your great ideas that could possibly help them to improve and or enhance the future SSRs.

A short time ago I had asked Bob Walczyk, SSR Product/ Marketing Manager, to allow us to solicit ideas from our members on our forum that could perhaps improve the SSRs. Bob thought it would be a great idea to ask our members for their contributions. Below is his response back to me, please take time to read and then submit, into this thread your ideas. When we are all done collecting your input, we will then conduct a poll to pick the top ideas to submit to Chevrolet SSR Team Managers for their considerations.

Thanking you in advance for your valued contributions.

Invitation to SSR Fanatics.com.

While there are always rumors and suggestions that float around on enthusiast websites the truth is that the future development and product changes for the SSR, especially the accessory side, are continuously evolving. Who better than to provide input than those of you who have spent you’re hard earned money to own a SSR? The Chevrolet SSR Team is very interested in your suggested product improvements or other potential product offerings that you would like to see in future of the SSR. Anything is fair game, with the understanding that we have many ideas already in the planning stages, and that not all ideas can be developed, due to the fact that they must make business sense, and of course be profitable for GM. What are your top five product improvements or items you wish Chevrolet would offer for SSR?

On behalf of Chevrolet, I would like to thank Marc Carpenter and Troy Roberts for their sound support of SSR.

Happy Holidays,

Bob Walczyk
SSR Product/Marketing Manager

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
My Top Five List

• XM Radio
  • OnStar / GPS
  • Rear parking assistance sensors
  • Sound deadening in top storage well
  • Ability to close bed cover without opening tailgate

·
Registered
371 Posts
Like Buffy, I would like to see:

OnStar
Being able to close the rear cargo cover without opening the tailgate
Sound barrier for passenger compartment
Compass and outside temp in mirror
Curb view memory mirrors

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
My first idea/suggestion:

Develop and share with SSR owners a list of Service Departments/Dealerships that have highly qualified SSR mechanics. Perhaps a certification process that will identify highly trained Service Personnel. (This hit and miss approach to find a good mechanic is not my preferred method.)

As a previous post mentioned - 'find a mechanic that LIKES (loves) the SSR' as much as we do. and they'll most likely do a better job....

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
living2be said:
Like Buffy, I would like to see:

OnStar
Being able to close the rear cargo cover without opening the tailgate
Sound barrier for passenger compartment
Compass and outside temp in mirror
Curb view memory mirrors
Ooooooo Forgot about the compass & temp! Thanks living2 be!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Wish List

TWO TONE PAINT OPTION

SPARE TIRE AND JACK

MIRROR COMPASS

REDESIGNED COOLING SYSTEM........OVERHEATS IN TRAFFIC

ON-STAR

MORE SOUND PROOFING IN BODY PANELS

HOOD STRUTS :agree :agree :agree :agree

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
It seems GM has addressed most of my wish list on the 05's (bigger engine, 6 speed, hood struts, room to get your hand between the seat and door to be able to operate seat control's, outside temp) I think alls thats left is the compass and they really need to do something about that fake vinyl on the dash. Looks cheap and its UGULY!
Still love my 03 even though it doesn't have any of the above improvements

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
1 - temp/compass in mirror - really missed the compass on our last road trip - especially at night trying to find my way around Seal Beach/Long Beach

2 - Parking buzzer

3 - Z06 high performance version - butt not so low production that we can't locate one (500 units would be way too low to satisfy potential buyers, leading to more gouging by some greedy dealers.) It needs to be available as an option to as many buyers as would want one. Numbers are down, and I think GM could revive interest among existing owners, at least, with a really high end package - High HP, 6 speed, drilled rotors, better exhaust, etc.

4 - Candy red or tangerine paint - this is a retro-rod, right? Magnetic red on the 50th Ann Corvette was beautiful.

5 - New wheel design - why are Corvette wheels so gorgeous, but the SSR is
very ho-hum - again, this is a retro-rod, and no self respecting rodder would buy anything looking like the stock wheel. I will get aftermarket wheels for mine, but a good looking stock wheel would have me keeping it original.

Thanks for the opportunity to give an opinion.

Thank you, GM for having the gonads to build it. It may not be giving you the anticipated numbers, but the owners are doing their best to keep it happening. PR value on the road and at shows is huge.

Ray Lamothe :thumbs

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
My Wish List

My wish list for the SSR

 Seats
** Cloth seat option
** Color seat options to coordinate/accent with the exterior color in leather and cloth.
( center section of the bottom and back cushion with accent color)
* Red
* Yellow
* Silver/Grey
* Tangerine

 New Colors
** Bright Blue Metallic
** Candy Apple Red
** Tangerine
** Deep Blue
** Magnetic Red

 Two Tone Colors (top/bottom)
** Yellow/Blue
** Silver/Black
** Red/Yellow
** Tangerine/Yellow

 Rear Deck Spoiler
** Backdraft style

 Rear Deck Wing

 Onstar

 Autodiming Rearview Mirror with Compass and Outside temp..(as I installed in mine)

 Heated Seats as a stand alone option.

 Color paint option for wheels.

 Hood Scoop

 Body Color option packages as accents.
** Yellow paint with RED gages / engine cover insert / running boards / cargo strips.
** Black paint with YELLOW gages / engine cover insert / running boards / cargo strips.
** etc

 LS7 “Z” option…427 aluminun smallblock

 Easy retrofit hood struts for ‘03/’04 SSR.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Right On Jim....

Jim Prendergast said:
TWO TONE PAINT OPTION

SPARE TIRE AND JACK

MIRROR COMPASS

REDESIGNED COOLING SYSTEM........OVERHEATS IN TRAFFIC

ON-STAR

MORE SOUND PROOFING IN BODY PANELS

HOOD STRUTS :agree :agree :agree :agree
Ditto.........

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
371 Posts
Don't know about you SSRers in Southern California or Florida, but here in North Carolina it still gets cold in the Winter, and if GM insists on bringing back the old shifting knob, HEAT IT, or put some LEATHER on it! It gets down right "COLD"

·
Registered
137 Posts
I would love to see a radio antenna that works. How about some sort of rain gutter so you can crack the window without getting flooded. How about factory remote start, heck, they put one in the Malibu Maxx, having it tie in to the roof would be great. Living in the cold northeast, AWD would be a very welcome addition.

Thanks
Jeff

·
Premium Member
9,217 Posts
Re: Parking Buzzer

Hi, Buffy

Sorry - that's my shorthand version of a parking assistance sensor - it beeps louder and quicker as you get closer to an obstruction backing up. I figure it would save some scratches on the rear panel.

Ray

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,531 Posts
  • Automatic HVAC controled system to replace the current "knock/knock sound producing manual HVAC system"
  • Leave enough space between driver's seat and center console to not rub and cause squeaking noise (leather on plastic sound)
  • Front license plate holder that does not require drilling the grill
  • HID headlamp option
  • Tilt up instrument cluster or widen circular rings around gauges so taller drivers can see all of the gauges without moving
  • A jack to lift the SSR in case tires are not fix-a-flat repairable
  • Struts strong enough to lift the bed tonneau cover with carpet kit installed
  • Option to install a 1.25"/2" receiver module for the hitch to allow the use of bike racks that require that type of "hitch"
  • Fix the engine cover so it doesn't rattle like the cheap piece of plastic that it is (my 1SB cover was a nasty noise maker)
  • Allow for an AUX audio input jacks to allow iPod/MP3 players to be used in the SSR
  • Driver/passenger side windows should not get scratched by door seals (missing felt)
  • Turn signal LEDs in the side mirrors for greater safety when making lane changes
  • Get rid of the cup holders on the center console since they are too flimsy and are easily broken
  • Make the dashboard cup holders capable of holding larger (32 oz) drinks
  • Get field service techs that can actually align and remove rattles from the hard top
  • Allow the hardtop to be lowered via the SSR's remote (while parked)
  • Shorten the screws that hold on the "Chevrolet" hood trim piece to no longer be capable of cutting a persons head (it happened to me and it was nasty)
  • Hood strut kits for 03/04 SSRs
  • Body formed mud flaps to reduce rock nicks on body panels
  • A locking handle to open the rear tail gate without opening the bed tonneau cover
  • Better isolate the waterfall center console plastic from other interior pieces to reduce / eliminate the plastic-on-plastic rubbing noises that occur with the top down and in the summer sun.
  • Tire Pressure Monitoring System
  • A Drive shaft that doesn't make the darn "tink" noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Make the alarm disarm if you use the key to unlock the driver's door if you used the key FOB to arm/lock the SSR alarm (per the 03 owner's manual)
  • Port hole in hard top for better "top up" visibility (like older Chevy trucks).

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Flassh said:
Hi, Buffy

Sorry - that's my shorthand version of a parking assistance sensor - it beeps louder and quicker as you get closer to an obstruction backing up. I figure it would save some scratches on the rear panel.

Ray
Got it! Thanks! (I'm keeping track of the replies)

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
top 5

Number

5 ------ More padding in the seat bottoms.

4 ----- Better sound system setup

3 ----- Factory offered supercharger option (like on the V-6's)

2 ----- XM radio option (man I miss it when I drive)

And the number 1 need

1 ----- Retro fit hood struts for the 03-04's

·
Registered
131 Posts
Fix what is wrong with the existing SSR's before enhancing the newer ones. Why should we plead for repairs and corrections. But here is my existing problems and recommended attention to the ause.

1. Rubber seals that won't scratch the windows by simply adding the felt back to them

2. Tonu cover that raises up by putting stronger struts on it

3. Excessive road and wind noise while top is up

4. Trailer receptacle WITH towing package

5. Spare tire, since there isn't OnStar for the areas with no cell service. daaa

6. Hood strut kits available for 03' and 04's at no charge!

7. Windows that will not roll up into the rubber properly

7. TRAIN MORE SERVICE TECHS AND MANAGERS TO FIX THEM!! :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

D

·
0 Posts
The number one item that almost caused me to pass on my '05 SSR was:
#1 LACK OF A SPARE TIRE/JACK
(as a sub-bullet to this - no support or a valid reason as to an
acceptable spare to be purchased by an individual who wants one.
REPEATED e-mails and phone calls to GM "Customer Assistance" was NO
help and as a matter of fact had a reverse, negative impact - that dept.
needs a real overhaul and should be staffed with compent personnel - whew,
I feel better now.... )
#2 XM radio - I really miss this - my previous Tahoe and Impala had it and I loved
it!
#3 On Star
#4 Locking Gas Cap and/or fuel door
#5 Contoured/form fitting splash guards (front and rear)
#6 The "satin finish" on the front, door handles, interior needs to be replaced with
some other material. Looks great, but is heck to keep fingerprints,
waterspots, etc. off
#7 Somehow the cargo compartment needs some sort of ventalation. My SSR
has to live outside and cool nights and warm sunny days cause massive
amounts of condensation on the underside of the cargo lid and wetting of
the uppr carpeted liner. (No complaints of leaks - it appears to seal very well.)
#8 Compass
#9 A little more attention to elimination of rattles/groans
#10 More education about this unique vehicle to both the sales and service
community.
Don't get me wrong - I LOVE the truck, but - hey, y'all asked......

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.