Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd start a posting here with some photos from time to time until Troy gets one set up for all of us to share.

Some from Day 1, General cruise on Woodward to the GM Heritage Center tour, Thursday August 19, 2004.

Photo with Tom - SSRCobra, Marc - Marc NY & Glenn Durmisevich - SSRDZNR at the Heritage Center. (Someone with a new C-6 knew where to park next too!) ;)

The Chevrolet carrier commerical replayed! (all will be viewing it traveling around town and for everyone on Woodward Cruises and Chevrolet locations. You can see them doing the final touches on this ALL brand new carrier! :thumbs

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Right ON!!!

Excellent photos - wish like heck I'd drove the 3000 miles to get there!!!

Keep postin' the great pics!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Let's See More!

Marc, You and I may not agree on Corporate GM production, marketing, and sales philosophies but you take some damn good pictures! Keep them coming and enjoy yourself. There's a lot more SSR owners who are there with you in spirit, if not in body.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Marc NY said:
PS Thought I share a sneak preview of my soon to be poster creation!

Marc,

When the weekend is done - could you please roll up that big 'poster' hanging from the bldg. and ship it out to California for me? I'm sure GM won't mind..

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,128 Posts
If one of you guys can get a shot of the new AquaBlur color it would be appreciated. If you can find one. thanks

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woodward Dream Cruise - Up date

This afternoon it rained but it couldn't dampen the SSR Fanatics on the scene of the 10th annual Woodward Dream Cruise. All of the cars were parked around the lot where GM set up the SSR Headquarters. In addition to the 'Fanatics' there were a couple '05's, a couple ASR specials, the original prototype auto show SSR, and a 1950 3/4 ton Chevy pickup. Around 4:00 PM a police lead convoy of over 60 SSR's arrived. The lead one carried Rick Wagoner, CEO of GM and the 'Godfather' of the SSR. Included in the convoy (in the rain) were numerous pre-production models, customs, pace cars and even serial #002 with Bob McDorman of Ohio. (He also owns #3, 4, and 5.) Many SSR team managers and celebrities were there including Richard Childress, owner of several Nextel Cup NASCAR teams. (Anyone remember Dale Earnhart?) The author of the 'cocktail table book' on SSR's was also there and he's the owner of a red one too. Did I say that ours was the only red one inside the compound?

Lot's of pictures, autographs and general discussions with the GM and SSR folks. The CEO is such a great guy... posing for pictures, signing models, books, posters, etc. At 5:30 he called his wife and said he wasn't leaving and suggested she and the kids come on down. (They did!)

More tomorrow... no wire for my digital camera, can you believe that?

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Fun

Yes there were tons of fun and all the high GM folks hung around talked to all of us and shared chats and many discussions... I tried to post last night but site wasn't responding. Much more to come.

Rick Wagoner enjoyed viewing all our SSRs especially this awesome burnt orange custom paint scheme with the Detroit Pistons court right at hand in the back of the SSR!

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow

Wow,
Wish I had been there.
Congrats to all who made it.
Keep the photos and stories comin'
Thanks,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Woodward Dreame Cruise Up date

Saturday is the perfect day with plenty of sun and temperatures in the mid 70's.

GM made off-site parking available and carried us to the Chevrolet hospitality area in an Escalade limo... Their exhibit included several of the '05 SSR's, pace trucks, and many other race cars, special interest cars, and trucks. (My favorite being a "bubble top '62 Bel Aire with a 409". The band opened their set with their version of '409' too!)

Their hospitality tent featured pleanty of food, drink, deserts, temporary custom tatoos, and an artist doing goofy drawings. There were a bunch of SSR techies to answer questions and hand out business cards and e-mail addresses. The SSR marketing manager was there with his wife and 2 cute little girls... all dressed is 'Raye Spooner' Hawiian SSR shirts and jumpers.

They had individual chairs set up along the curb to witness the continuing 4 lane in each direction parade that included every kind of hot rod, muscle car, antique, etc you could ever imagine. I saw 3 different cars featured on magazine covers over the past year!

People were lined up to 4 deep on both sides of the road.... and we were at 14 Mile Road. The cruise goes way down past 6 Mile road!

After sitting for an hour or so, we took a walk along the street to see the hundreds of cars parked along Woodward, many with car clubs and other groups like the Mopar Club, Cobra Club, and NCRS (old Corvettes). All the manufacturers had areas set up with historic displays too.

The papers expected over 1,000,000 people .... again this year.

If you haven't ever experienced the Woodward Dream Cruise, it really is an 'absolute must' for every motorhead.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Beautiful Wild Day 3

Ken "Toy Truck" did a great job filling you in with the details of Friday's events and todays where you get a good idea of how our weekend is going. When the others get more time to share their photos you will have a ton of shots to review! I just got in and will download some more photos in a few minutes here to share.

I will have to get on the Gallery and find the events tab as Troy set up for us very soon. I took over 200 shots throughout the 3 days here so far.
:)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
So Luckey!

Hi everyone, Just got home from the Dream Cruise,I only live an Hour and a half away here in Michigan. Im so lucky to have this great vehicle and to meet such great people this weekend. It was like we had always known each other!
Marc and Toy truck are doing a great job filling you in. The one thing thing that I came away with from this great experience, and there were many, was that this SSR is going to be around awhile. This is the halio vehicle for GM's new logo, "American R=volution", "Like A Rock" is history. Well Im going to hit the hay, My wife and I have had a great and long weekend!
Scott 0168

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Great Time by ALL

HI Scott,

You and your wife Karen where great! I enjoyed meeting you both and also everyone else too. Even though we got lost from time to time lol. Once Scott gets a hang of his new digital camera and is able to upload them I am sure he will share all his photos too.

Ken "Toy Truck" is in the Red SSR cruzn the strip... I almost thought he was going to run me over ;) lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Thanks

GREAT pics - having a massive jealousy attack down here. Not near as big, but looking forward to Topcats in Denton next week --- 3 laps around the Texas Motor Speedway - we'll take pics, too.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts