Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tech Support/Research
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been news articles about a Chevy Truck Centennial celebration event held earlier this month at the speedway- here's one example:

Seven Picks from the Chevrolet Truck Centennial | Automobile Magazine

There has also been a video circulating about the unveiling of the new 2019 Silverado, arriving before the crowd suspended by helicopter.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Revealed via Helicopter in Texas | Automobile Magazine

It looked like Chevy had a number of trucks from different eras present, some arranged to form a large "100" logo when viewed from the air. A few were acknowledged to be from the GM Heritage Collection. Conspicuously absent from event photos I've seen is the presence of any SSR.

Did any local forum members attend this event and was the SSR represented as part of the celebration of 100 years of Chevy trucks?

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
NO! I was not aware of the event, which is only 20 minutes away. And there are other SSR owners even closer. This may have been a closed GM event.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
There have been news articles about a Chevy Truck Centennial celebration event held earlier this month at the speedway- here's one example:

Seven Picks from the Chevrolet Truck Centennial | Automobile Magazine

There has also been a video circulating about the unveiling of the new 2019 Silverado, arriving before the crowd suspended by helicopter.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Revealed via Helicopter in Texas | Automobile Magazine

It looked like Chevy had a number of trucks from different eras present, some arranged to form a large "100" logo when viewed from the air. A few were acknowledged to be from the GM Heritage Collection. Conspicuously absent from event photos I've seen is the presence of any SSR.

Did any local forum members attend this event and was the SSR represented as part of the celebration of 100 years of Chevy trucks?
I was actually interviewed to take part in a commercial shot during this event. I was told they were NOT interested in my old S10 but I should bring the SSR. The interviewer (a subcontracted photographer out of L.A.) told me I was the only one with an SSR that they had talked to.....but alas, it was not chosen as a participant.

The commercial was to be filmed in Waxahachie, TX...a suburb just south of Dallas.
Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
It seems poorly planned, as I would think a 100 year celebration should represent at LEAST one from every year, including the S10 and SSR. Why would they have the Camaro there ? I do understand marketing other models, but when one celebrates trucks, that's all should be there. I guess Chevrolet is ashamed of the SSR, that's what it seems like to me.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I was actually interviewed to take part in a commercial shot during this event. I was told they were NOT interested in my old S10 but I should bring the SSR. The interviewer (a subcontracted photographer out of L.A.) told me I was the only one with an SSR that they had talked to.....but alas, it was not chosen as a participant.

The commercial was to be filmed in Waxahachie, TX...a suburb just south of Dallas.
So I got this in the mail today. Consolation prize I suppose!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts