Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my cap, 100,000 mile stickers and some cards today from Chevrolet. The only issue I was only recognized for 100,000 miles on my Tahoe. Chevy is not recognizing the SSR in this 100 year celebration. I think this group should convince Chevrolet that we are a part of the truck category. When my son spoke to Chevy ( he signed me up) he was told they would mention that SSR’s needed to be included.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Got the same care package today from Chevrolet. I was very disappointed with the cap, it was way too small. I really think they sent me a childs cap. I wrote to them and they said they only had one size, Also noted that I had to use my Tahoe since they didn't recognize my 2 SSRs.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,572 Posts
The only thing I can think of is Chevrolet marketing must be thinking that the SSR is more like a very limited sports vehicle rather than a work truck. :crying:

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Got the same care package today from Chevrolet. I was very disappointed with the cap, it was way too small. I really think they sent me a childs cap. I wrote to them and they said they only had one size, Also noted that I had to use my Tahoe since they didn't recognize my 2 SSRs.
How did you get the care package ? Is there a web site ?

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,734 Posts
I like the looks of the Chevrolet bowtie with the name Chevrolet inset in it. I don't believe i"ve seen that before.

Dave

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
go to chevy truck legends Chevy Truck Legends: Owner Membership | Chevrolet
you will need a vin number for a chevy truck in order to enroll. They will want your email. It is no charge, will receive stuff from Chevrolet marketing including the care package.
Thank you. SSR and Trailblassr SS not listed. :frown2: Put in VIN for my 1985 K20. She's a little rusty, but she's all mine.

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
OK, I signed up and submitted my 240000 mile '87 C-10. I did however, attach to the the bottom of the C-10 photograph, pictures of my El Camino and my SSR. :blush-anim-cl:
My application is pending.

Hey, they didn't say I couldn't, and they're all Chevy trucks.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
I agree, that painting (as least I think that's what it is) is kind of pushing it, but he/she did have to submit the VIN number.

By the way, they did accept my picture. I've gotten a ton of emails from them. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
George McGraw, Liberty, Tennessee, (former friend ... got lots of them) has between 500,000 & 600,000 miles on his Chevy Pick Up. Haven't seen him in a couple of years but have been by his house and noticed he still has his everyday driver. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
got a 2018 calendar today from truck legends

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
The only thing I can think of is Chevrolet marketing must be thinking that the SSR is more like a very limited sports vehicle rather than a work truck. :crying:
The SSR was a modern version of the "Advanced Design" from 47-54 1/2.
It makes no sense to leave it out of the group.
I have my local dealer looking into the badges. :wink2:

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,907 Posts
Tried to set up a profile. VIN "Denied" as "Ineligible".... Went to Contact Us and sent e-mail questioning Why. Waiting for response. Today? Yeah, Right...... Maybe next year some time, eh...

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,907 Posts
Late Breaking News !

:cheer: I just got back a reply ! The Site Developers are being notified to "Include the SSR" !!!! :cheer:

They won't be back to work to Fix this until, probably, Thurdsay..... BUT.... at least We won't be The Forgotten, "Red-headed Step-child".... of the Bow Tie Family !!! Hang in there 'cause they're settin' an extra chair at the table for Us.

Happy New Years, Folks !!!!

1 - 20 of 120 Posts