Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the Chicago area suburban dealers is short an SSR. I was at one of the dealers in the Chicago area suburbs earlier today and it seems like when I went back later during the afternoon the one I was looking at was gone. It seems like someone took one home.

ME

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Missing SSRs

Same thing happened yesterday at my neigborhood Dealer. There had beena black one sitting out last week, and came up missing yesterday afternoon. :skep

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm GUILTY

Yes I'm the proud new owner of an SSR Smokin Asphalt 2006 with the 3SS package. Now I have an SSR SA to go with my black HHR and my initials are GR. Now my Infinity QX56 (black of course) feels like the odd man out.

Oh and you have to have an automatic in Chicago traffic. It is so clean it's like Black Glaze going out for a Black Tie affair. Plates?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here it is the next day after getting my SSR and it's raining. Well I did get to cruise home from the dealer about 30 miles of slow bumper to bumper traffic. I could feel all of the looks from other drivers they would even slow down and keep even with me in traffic just to look. I thought my Z got the looks but I think my SSR has it beat. Love the smooooooth lines and the power. I feel like I have a new grandchild.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,102 Posts
It's a definite head turner. I've never owned anything that compares.

If you put a WindsuppreSSR on it, you can have the top down, windows up and heater on to keep you warm and toasty on even the coldest day. All the convertible owners will be green with envy......

Enjoy your ride, we sure enjoy ours.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike in AZ said:

If you put a WindsuppreSSR on it, you can have the top down, windows up and heater on to keep you warm and toasty on even the coldest day. All the convertible owners will be green with envy......

Mike
Glad you mentioned the Windscreen because the dealer forgot to give me mine along with the CD packet. Well back to the dealer on the next nice day. It's suppose to rain for the next several days so all I can do is go to the garage and look at it and maybe start it.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
IllinoisSSR said:
Woo Hooo! What dealer did you get it from?
Horizon in Naperville, Illinois. They had a 2006 Pacific Blue Metallic with the chrome package but nothing else. I started to get it but it was just too bright for my taste. I may get some of the accent chrome items changed out later. Right now I have to look at it as is and decide what and if any changes I should make.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
IllinoisSSR said:
OOh I never thought of looking over there when I was shopping. I know Bill Kay has a blue one w/chrome pkg also but its a 6 speed. Isn't it a poopy day out?? :cuss
Yep, I checked out the Pacific Blue at Bill Kay with the 6 speed. That was the only one they had at this time. I checked out most of the dealers in the area. Plus there are so many dealers in the Naperville area on Odgen avenue. You can believe me most of them want to get rid of their SSR's because they just sit there like they have Squatters Rights. Mine had about fifteen miles when I first drove it yesterday. By the time I got it home it had about fiftynine or sixty. When they asked me if I had driven one I said enough to own one. They asked me if I would like to drive theirs and I said sure. I thought the salesman was going to go with me and ask to see my license. Well no and no. They let me take it out alone and I brought it back in about thirty minutes. I was shocked. But then too my 350Z was sitting there so I guess they figured I was OK. Thus after talking price (it helps when all of the dealers you go to are willing to give you their invoice sheets to take with you) and showing them I knew as much if not more about the vehicle and it's future they let me take the vehicle home for keeps. Need I say more. It's so cloudy out but I think I'm going to take it out for a cruise unless it starts to rain. I just can't let it get wet from rain or snow. Only time it dosen't bother me to let it get wet is during washing. I've got a stacks of microfiber cloths for cleaning. YEH Zaino!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mike in AZ said:

Mike
And then when it starts to snow or rain and everyone is looking at you like your some dumbass, you simply push a button and smile!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fishslayr1 said:
And then when it starts to snow or rain and everyone is looking at you like your some dumbass, you simply push a button and smile!
I'm suppose to have the windscreen, it's on my sticker and invoice. They have to install it and provide the CD for the vehicle. I also think they forgot the engine insert piece. I have the 3SS package.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
She's not a baby . . . she's a kickass grownup.

Don't drive in the rain ? ? ? ? ? :confused

Put her up in mothballs for the winter ? ? ? ? ? :confused

Wow ! ! You guys (and girls) are truly obsessed ! !

I'd almost be embarrassed to tell you some of the places, conditions and things I put my "R" through. High speed freeway, dirt and gravel roads, thru nail, bracket, and debris strewn construction sites, over curbs and down through ditches. she just keeps "begging" for more. :)

What a gal. :rolleyes:

First and ONLY ding after 26k miles: dealer service people trying unsuccessfully to put the cargo tonneau down AFTER the tailgate is up. AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG ! ! ! :cuss

From now on I put a note in big letters on my dash reminder for dealers:

Don't wash this truck
Don't joyride this truck (list the mileage right here)
Don't play the radio
Just fix her, dammit

Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WearyEagle said:
Don't drive in the rain ? ? ? ? ? :confused

Put her up in mothballs for the winter ? ? ? ? ? :confused

Wow ! ! You guys (and girls) are truly obsessed ! !

I'd almost be embarrassed to tell you some of the places, conditions and things I put my "R" through. High speed freeway, dirt and gravel roads, thru nail, bracket, and debris strewn construction sites, over curbs and down through ditches. she just keeps "begging" for more. :)

What a gal. :rolleyes:

First and ONLY ding after 26k miles: dealer service people trying unsuccessfully to put the cargo tonneau down AFTER the tailgate is up. AAARRRRGGGGGGGGGG ! ! ! :cuss

From now on I put a note in big letters on my dash reminder for dealers:

Don't wash this truck
Don't joyride this truck (list the mileage right here)
Don't play the radio
Just fix her, dammit

Gary (WearyEagle)
Not even twentyfour hours old and it got hit by some Chicago misty rain. Took it straightn to the garage and wiped it down and took out the HHR in the rain because it was filthy from snow and salt this past week. So the rain will at least rinse the street salt off for me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts