Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am committed to getting this Rally meet event in Chicago for anyone who can show up with or without their SSR.
If you are in the Chicago area and can help out with event details, please post reply.

I will start idea process for location and date. let's keep ideas flowing here and it will happen this year for sure !

My SSR is no show car, I drive it everyday and just about everywhere, so no awards for me, except for some high mileage and experience with what can typically break on SSR- LOL !

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Depending on when and where, might be able to make it. I would suggest out side of Chicago personally but I hate traffic and every time I have been to Chicago the traffic is a mess. Also I like the idea of most miles award.

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
"knifegate" ... Since 2019 is going fast and the International is in October and the Route 66 Mother Road Festival is the last of September in Springfield, Illinois, establishing a Date or Dates is a PRIORITY. Keep in mind it get's mighty hot and dry in Illinois in July and August !!!

GO FOR IT !!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok, I am committed to getting this Rally meet event in Chicago for anyone who can show up with or without their SSR.
If you are in the Chicago area and can help out with event details, please post reply.

I will start idea process for location and date. let's keep ideas flowing here and it will happen this year for sure !

My SSR is no show car, I drive it everyday and just about everywhere, so no awards for me, except for some high mileage and experience with what can typically break on SSR- LOL !
Sounds great, I am in the North Suburbs, would love to come out for an SSR Meet! :ssr

For the lack of SSR activity, I was going to attend one of the local corvette club events NORTH SHORE CORVETTE CLUB

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best guess is to set this up for September or October timeframe. Summer is already here, humid and hot. Plus it is literally raining every other day since Jan.

·
BLU SSR
2,952 Posts
Depending on when and where, might be able to make it. I would suggest out side of Chicago personally but I hate traffic and every time I have been to Chicago the traffic is a mess. Also I like the idea of most miles award.
"knifegate" ... Since 2019 is going fast and the International is in October and the Route 66 Mother Road Festival is the last of September in Springfield, Illinois, establishing a Date or Dates is a PRIORITY. Keep in mind it get's mighty hot and dry in Illinois in July and August !!!

GO FOR IT !!!

I'm with Stlhotrod, STAY OUT OF CHICAGO!

Because this is the year of the International (13-16 Oct.) in Branson and the Springfield Route 66 Festival (27-29 Sep.) is just a couple weeks earlier and both in the same neck of the woods so to speak, it might be tough this year. If you still want to do something I would suggest early September to give people time to rest up between events.
Are you going to Branson? Just a word of advice -GO- it's going to be huge! In any case Springfield is just down the road and would be an easy run for you to meet a few "local" owners and be a part of a great parade on Friday night.
Just my $.02 , I'll be watching to see what develops .

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
knifegate ... agree with SSReplay !!! You only got what's left of June, plus July & August to get this inaugarel Rally or Meet & Greet scheduled. I'm originally from Springfield and will be there for the 18th Annual Route 66 Mother Road Festival September 27, 28 & 29.

Bring all your SSRfanatics down to Springfield to the Route 66 Fest and we'll all "kick" around some idea's of having a rally next Spring, say in late March or mid April. I think it would really be a fun time in Northern Illinois when it's still cold. Ridin' around or Cruisin' around with top down, heated seats on High and the heater on full blast seems like a lot of fun to me. How about "The 2020 Inaugarel Illinois Winterfest SSR Rally" In the meantime set up a Meet & Greet, say on the 1st Saturday in July, August, September and so on and get the "Ball Rollin"

Remember ... "If you build it they will come" Do it, Do it, Do it !!! tennesseecozydog :yellow: Just MY opinion and it oughta' be yours !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,031 Posts
Here in Ohio we have had a couple of "Meet and Greets" as our numbers have grown in the Buckeye State. They selected a central location to have lunch and hang out in the parking lot with our trucks and get to know one another!

Might be a good idea for you and get a feel about next year's possibilities and how many Fanatics are around you! A Saturday or Sunday gathering makes it possible for those of us in Ohio, Indiana and *ichigan to show up too!

We LOVE Road Trips!!! :blue: :wink2: :grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,021 Posts
Here in Ohio we have had a couple of "Meet and Greets" as our numbers have grown in the Buckeye State. They selected a central location to have lunch and hang out in the parking lot with our trucks and get to know one another!

Might be a good idea for you and get a feel about next year's possibilities and how many Fanatics are around you! A Saturday or Sunday gathering makes it possible for those of us in Ohio, Indiana and *ichigan to show up too!

We LOVE Road Trips!!! :blue: :wink2: :grin2:
Hey Sgt. "Carter" HUAW ... don't forget Iowa and Wisconsin too !!! Those "Sod Buster's" from the other side of the Mississippi River and those "Cheese Heads" just above Illinois, I'll bet will wanna' come too !!! I know SWT RYD will come ... he'd go to a Butt Kickin' Contest if there was gonna be an SSR gathering !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,103 Posts

We LOVE Road Trips!!!
/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
Hey Sgt. "Carter" HUAW ... don't forget Iowa and Wisconsin too !!! Those "Sod Buster's" from the other side of the Mississippi River and those "Cheese Heads" just above Illinois, I'll bet will wanna' come too !!! I know SWT RYD will come ... he'd go to a Butt Kickin' Contest if there was gonna be an SSR gathering !!! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
Don't know about the butt-kicking contest Bob. Went to a butt kicking one time, I wind up marrying her. I'm game for Rally anytime if it's above 50°. My two cents is, too much going on this year.

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
This Iowan (Sod Buster) is interested!

Dave

Hey Sgt. "Carter" HUAW ... don't forget Iowa and Wisconsin too !!! Those "Sod Buster's" from the other side of the Mississippi River and those "Cheese Heads" just above Illinois, I'll bet will wanna' come too !!! I know SWT RYD will come ... he'd go to a Butt Kickin' Contest if there was gonna be an SSR gathering !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
We (Wife and I) are the only members (so far) of the NorthWest Indiana Chapter of SSR "Like Minded Folks". We would be very happy to join in with The City Folks. We can do this ! Chi Town is just 1 hr. away....... So if you post the date, time and location we will be there!
We are making plans to attend!

And most of all, Thank You !

·
Madtym
50 Posts
Next spring sounds like a good plan. We live in north central Illinois. Plenty of areas to meet outside of the Chicago traffic - maybe Starved Rock area. A meet and greet might be a good start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts