Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attended the Chicago Auto Show today. There were two SSR's from the Generals camp and one from the Revolutionaries. The Generals camp had a Pacific Blue with the Chrome Package and full cargo trim and a two tone black bottom with silver upper with the Chrome Package and full cargo trim. The one lone SSR was near the entrance; a Slingshot not with the Generals camp. It had some red and green logo or advertising across the front hood and the rear tail lights had tomatoe graphics around them to make them look like tomatos. I thought it was red owl or something like that; some type of tomatoe sauce, soup or something. I didn't get a chance to look at it good because as you may remember my girl dosen't like the SSR. I did notice that the two tone SSR had a film crew climbing all over it trying to get some type of film. One movie or tv camera with about five helpers for proper lighting.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
SS My R said:
Attended the Chicago Auto Show today. There were two SSR's from the Generals camp and one from the Revolutionaries. The Generals camp had a Pacific Blue with the Chrome Package and full cargo trim and a two tone black bottom with silver upper with the Chrome Package and full cargo trim. The one lone SSR was near the entrance; a Slingshot not with the Generals camp. It had some red and green logo or advertising across the front hood and the rear tail lights had tomatoe graphics around them to make them look like tomatos. I thought it was red owl or something like that; some type of tomatoe sauce, soup or something. I didn't get a chance to look at it good because as you may remember my girl dosen't like the SSR. I did notice that the two tone SSR had a film crew climbing all over it trying to get some type of film. One movie or tv camera with about five helpers for proper lighting.
Im going Saturday or Sunday and still have one ticket left if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
SS My R said:
It had some red and green logo or advertising across the front hood and the rear tail lights had tomatoe graphics around them to make them look like tomatos. I thought it was red owl or something like that; some type of tomatoe sauce, soup or something. I didn't get a chance to look at it good because as you may remember my girl dosen't like the SSR.
The Yellow SSR with the tomatoes on it is a Corporate promotional vehicle from the Red Gold Corporation. They have two of them, company reps travel around the country to various events in them. Red Gold's corporate offices are in central Indiana, I live across a state highway from their Distribution Center and have seen their SSR's several times.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old Biker said:
The Yellow SSR with the tomatoes on it is a Corporate promotional vehicle from the Red Gold Corporation. They have two of them, company reps travel around the country to various events in them. Red Gold's corporate offices are in central Indiana, I live across a state highway from their Distribution Center and have seen their SSR's several times.

Thanks Old Biker, I knew it was something red and had to do with tomatoes. So it's Red Gold not Red Owl. It just seemes that advertising tomatoes at an auto show is the wrong venue. Well it is an SSR Slingshot.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Old Biker said:

Here are 2 pictures I found doing a search for the Red Gold SSR

Oops.....hey wait that isn't a chevy SSR.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW_FCTR said:
Here are 2 pictures I found doing a search for the Red Gold SSR

Oops.....hey wait that isn't a chevy SSR.....
Nope, the SSR was just a little larger than that.​

1 - 6 of 6 Posts