Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is in for a gathering of SSR in Chicago area ?

If interested follow this discussion and give me city/area where you are at. I will try for a Central area on weekend in November.
I use my SSR like a real truck, so its not a showcase, but would be interested to see other SSR and share repair knowledge/parts/mods, etc.

·
Madtym
50 Posts
I would be interested in a get-together. We live in Mendota, IL. However, getting late in the season to get the trucks out if the weather gets bad.

·
BLU SSR
2,958 Posts
I agree it is getting iffey to venture very far from home this time of year. I would suggest Springfield as a good central point. It is served by the Interstate system so we may get those from surrounding cities and states to come and it is easy to get around in. For me Chicago is a no-go.

·
Madtym
50 Posts
Illinois is a big state! Springfield is 150 miles for us. That's doable, but not a quick hitter! Definitely easier than driving into Chicago.

·
BLU SSR
2,958 Posts
If your just talking lunch that may be too far for some , It's about 110 mi. for us which is not real far for a get together (we drove to Ohio for lunch). It would be closer than Chicago for the Peoria guys and accessible for St. Louis and eastern MO. and Iowa and western Indiana. You might even get some from Tenn. There are other possibilities for sure but something south of you and on the Interstate would be my recommendation. F.Y.I. Dino - OldFatGuy has talked of something in Springfield next year when good weather returns, you might contact him.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who is in for a gathering of SSR in Chicago area ?

If interested follow this discussion and give me city/area where you are at. I will try for a Central area on weekend in November.
I use my SSR like a real truck, so its not a showcase, but would be interested to see other SSR and share repair knowledge/parts/mods, etc.
* How about STARVED ROCK State park area ? Anyone traveling in can spend some time in the park as well as meet others with SSR .

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
We did a Starved Rock get-together a number of years ago and it was enjoyable. I'd consider Chicagoland, but would prefer in the summer when Ilsa has her performance wheels on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts