Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:party :cheers :party :cheers :party

I just got a message from 3G Services that they have finished the mold for the chin spoiler and popped out the first production part. :thumbs Looks like they are ready to rock and roll for some :ssr Christmas presents......

Doug stated: ".... I am very happy with the outcome. We are ready to begin taking credit card orders and we will take both carbon fiber or fiberglass. We can get the parts done in a week and have them shipped within 2-3 days from the completion. if we get too many orders we will give estimated ship dates when we take the order."

If you are interested, contact:

Doug Groh, President
3G Services
12254 Universal Drive
Taylor, Michigan 48180
734-947-9434
734-947-9458 Fax
[email protected]
http://www.3gservicesinc.com

Let's see now....... where did I put my Christmas wish list??? :seeya

Attachments

·
OP
8,226 Posts
paint

I like it, I just need to find someone to paint it unless 3G will provide them painted to match...
I would like to see one in color on an SSR with color matching running boards.

Otherwise, I will order after first of year.

Thanks for all the updates Mike. :thumbs

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Joe - Doug is shipping me one of the first production molded parts to test fit on my '06. I'll post the results of that test fit right away. I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Owen - Sorry, 3G is not messing with paint at all. With all the variability in color matching, I think it's a wise move.

Mike

·
OP
8,226 Posts

Udaman!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SS my R,

Gloss black has traditionally been used to provide the best "eyeball" test of bodywork. 3G Services painted the prototype spoiler black to identify any irregularities in the shape before they finished the production mold. Production fiberglass parts will be delivered unpainted. The production carbon fiber part will be way too pretty to paint.

Regards,

Mike

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
FWIW department.....

Being one of the fortunate ones to get a spoiler from Axiom, it was a definate advantage to install the spoiler before painting. I followed Cruzned's guidelines using his install but found for a more secure support I had to drill additional holes. Not a major undertaking, BUT, if it were painted during this exercise some scratching would have occurred. After paint it was plug & play.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
254 Posts
I talked to the guy on the phone,

SS My R said:
Is the spoiler already black does anyone know? It looks great.​
and he said the carbon fiber version was jet black and probably would not need to be painted if used on a black SSR. The fiber glass version will need painting. :thumbs

·
Registered
599 Posts
The brackets have all been redesigned and are Vacuum formed ABS .
We wound up with 3 designs before settling into one that gives the most stiffness. No holes will be drilled, all holes are existing in the spoiler and the truck.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, Santa is real!!!

:party
Santa came to my house today. He was driving a UPS truck.

The first production 2003-2004 Chin Spoiler was sent to me to test fit on my 2006.

IT FITS PERFECTLY!

Like any kid with a new toy, I tossed it up onto the truck with only minimal attachemnts to see how it looks. AWESOME! All I have holding it on are a few plastic clips and a couple pieces of cardboard for support. The included brackets and hardware will have to wait until after Christmas to get played with......Wa Hooooo...

If you want to order one, call Doug Groh at 3G Services. His info is in the thread.

This is an awesome piece of work. See photos attached.

Mikey
:party

Attachments

1 - 20 of 46 Posts