Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Received the spoiler from Lesa on Wednesday. I know, I know its Sunday and what 's taking so long. Anyway.......

Put Penelope on the lift Thursday to see how close the spoiler holes were to the wheel well support clips, and to see how many new holes would have to be drilled to secure it before painting. Cruzin' Ed's didn't spoiler didn't line up too well with the existing holes which put me in the wrong frame of mine at the start.

Pix 01 shows exact alignment of the 3 outside holes. Drilled one additional hole, through the facia and spoiler. A phillips screw in this clip work real well.

Pix 02 shows "where" the center holes (the dark area)on both the spoiler and facia align. Again a perfect alignment. Had to use a 1 1/2 ribbed plastic screw (6mm dia) as a half inch gap exists between the spoiler and facia. Can't make this come any closer together.

Pix 03 is the fit with the screws in place. Looks Great!!

Pix 04 is the StabiliSSR I installed before we put the spoiler on after painting. A word of advice....you need one of these gems as the additional weight of the spoiler now adds additional weight to the facia. It bounced before, now it will be worse. There is no interference with the spoiler and facia mating.

Next post to finish up.

P/P

Peace :flag

Cannot upload pix in post.....have included them in my gallery.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Follow up.....

Pix 05 and 06 are the finished product. I'm very pleased with the result and the new look created by the spoiler. I find Axiom's ability to produce this spoiler and and make the alignment holes match the mounting holes quite an engineering feat in itself. (I know Ed, yours didn't match)

P/P

Again I can't upload the pix in this post. Go to my gallery

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess they have to be PG-13 approved before viewing. Some tease talking about something you can't show.

P/P

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Look at PP's Gallery, I just approved them............. (After removing the ones with Ed in his Speedo!) :lol

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ed,

The spoiler looks great! Fitment seems right on!

Congrats,

PCBeach
:ssr

Buffy,

Thanks for saving us from the Speedos!

PCBeach
:ssr

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,069 Posts
New Poll Possibility

PCBeach said:
Buffy,

Thanks for saving us from the Speedos!

PCBeach

OK, you brave souls...... :rolleyes:

Is this the point where somebody asks the ultimate nosey question...... "How many SSR owners wear speedos?" :eek

YA - HAHAHAHAHAHA :glol :glol

FatherLarry, are you gonna do it? It would be a really lopsided poll. :eek

YA - HAHAHAHAHAHA :glol :glol

I love this forum, it brings a smile to me at least once a day. :thumbs

Regards,

Mike :jester

B

·
0 Posts
Looks good Ed. Mine is supposed to be here in time for the Oct 1sr Decatur trip. Hope I'm not dreaming. I hope the bra still will fit. If its not to up lifting. :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Chin Spoiler Installed

Well after whating for 3.5 months to receive my Chin Spoiler from Axiom i have got time to paint and install it. The pre drilled holes didn't line up but wasn't a problem. I was able to install it in less than 30 min.

Here are a few pictures of what they look like in YELLOW. Once installed looks great and fits great. :thumbs

Hopefully one of these days Lesa will get Chin spoilers delivered to everyone else that ordered and paid for them what seems like a life time ago.

Attachments

·
OP
8,225 Posts
grill

I really like the grill on your SSR, are those satin overlays? How are they mounted? Where did you get them?

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
ampmop said:
I really like the grill on your SSR, are those satin overlays? How are they mounted? Where did you get them?
Thanks ampmop

The grille on my SSR is painted.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Received the spoiler from Lesa on Wednesday. I know, I know its Sunday and what 's taking so long. Anyway.......

Put Penelope on the lift Thursday to see how close the spoiler holes were to the wheel well support clips, and to see how many new holes would have to be drilled to secure it before painting. Cruzin' Ed's didn't spoiler didn't line up too well with the existing holes which put me in the wrong frame of mine at the start.

Pix 01 shows exact alignment of the 3 outside holes. Drilled one additional hole, through the facia and spoiler. A phillips screw in this clip work real well.

Pix 02 shows "where" the center holes (the dark area)on both the spoiler and facia align. Again a perfect alignment. Had to use a 1 1/2 ribbed plastic screw (6mm dia) as a half inch gap exists between the spoiler and facia. Can't make this come any closer together.

Pix 03 is the fit with the screws in place. Looks Great!!

Pix 04 is the StabiliSSR I installed before we put the spoiler on after painting. A word of advice....you need one of these gems as the additional weight of the spoiler now adds additional weight to the facia. It bounced before, now it will be worse. There is no interference with the spoiler and facia mating.

Next post to finish up.

P/P

Cannot upload pix in post.....have included them in my gallery.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
I sure want a chin spoiler, just wish you didn't have to wait half a life time to get it! I'll hang out and wait to see if anyone else will produce one around the start of the new year ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts