Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hal here: My opinion is the best looking chin spoiler out there that truly completes
the front end , unfortunetly, you all know which one I am referring to,ASC's,It's not
available currently,however, as long as I know it exists Iam going to persist in
bugging ASC until they respond to me!It just looks right! Hal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
something freezing over

Hal Mawrence said:
Hal here: My opinion is the best looking chin spoiler out there that truly completes
the front end , unfortunetly, you all know which one I am refering to,ASC's,It's not
available currently,however, as long as I know it exists Iam going to persist in
bugging ASC until they respond to me!It just looks right! Hal



I think I heard something about he-ll freezing over or something like that:glol :glol :glol :smash
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
I believe the ASC spoiler design is copyrighted which is why Axiom and the other company could not make it exactly. I personally love my Axiom spoiler, I just hope their company gets it back together and makes good on their contracts with others. They always returned my calls and delivered me a quality product. OK, nuff said, let's not turn this into another "Axiom Bashing Thread" ok?
 

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
Axiom Is Doing There Best

I Speak To Lesa At Least Once A Week..they Have Had Alot Of Health Related Issues But Both Axiom And Lesa Have Over Come Them....for A Young Kid Lesa Is Doing The Best That She Can Do.. She Has Alot On Her Plate Right Now But She Is Doing Her Best To Satisfy All Of The Axiom Customers...i Know There Is Alot Of People That Have Been Waiting Along Time For There Orders But I Think If We Just Wait Awhile Longer That Lesa Will Come Threw..you Have Waited This Long.so Lets Just Hang In There For Awhile Longer. Just My .02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Your right.....

rhobbel said:
Wolfie I know you could make this Chin Spoiler!


This is the look most of us wanted...... But believe it or not ....this can be improved upon........And gm nor asc can do anything about it........ Have you heard about building a better mouse trap........and the world.........well you know........Right now I have a 3G........I like it.........but....... its not quite what I had in mind...So modification will be in order in the spring.......once back in Fl. There are 3 different worlds here.....(chin spoilers)..........Almost everyone prefers the ASC for it asthetic appearence......or maybe because it is on the Pace Truck......But the 3G is more functionally correct........so why not have the best of both...... Thats what I want to do........Between trying to finish the frame skirts and then do this I will be busy....Oh yes I still need a damaged main grill bar if anyone has one.........:seeya :flag PS: Retirement......Whats that??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
Whitewolf said:
This is the look most of us wanted...... But believe it or not ....this can be improved upon........And gm nor asc can do anything about it........ Have you heard about building a better mouse trap........and the world.........well you know........Right now I have a 3G........I like it.........but....... its not quite what I had in mind...So modification will be in order in the spring.......once back in Fl. There are 3 different worlds here.....(chin spoilers)..........Almost everyone prefers the ASC for it asthetic appearence......or maybe because it is on the Pace Truck......But the 3G is more functionally correct........so why not have the best of both...... Thats what I want to do........Between trying to finish the frame skirts and then do this I will be busy....Oh yes I still need a damaged main grill bar if anyone has one.........:seeya :flag PS: Retirement......Whats that??????
Just a slight correction wolfie. the asc chin spoiler was only on one vehicle.. The diamondback.
The other pace car spoiler was a wheel to wheel part. and someone on here laready contacted them and were told they weren't pursuiting the Chin spoiler. I believe General Motorrs actually owns the rights to the pace car spoiler.

The 3G Services spoiler was modeled in the style that it was because the Vice President of ASC specifically told 3G Services not to copy their's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
doogie48084 said:
Just a slight correction wolfie. the asc chin spoiler was only on one vehicle.. The diamondback.
The other pace car spoiler was a wheel to wheel part. and someone on here laready contacted them and were told they weren't pursuiting the Chin spoiler. I believe General Motorrs actually owns the rights to the pace car spoiler.

The 3G Services spoiler was modeled in the style that it was because the Vice President of ASC specifically told 3G Services not to copy their's.
I originally contacted the mfg of the chin spoiler on the Nascar pace SSR. and posted their response.
Here is an e-mail response I received from Wheel to Wheel Tecstar in regards to possible purchase of front chin spoilers.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your email. Yes, we did do the SSR spoiler but never put it
into production. Currently there are no plans to have the NASCAR chin
spoiler available for purchase.

Should that change anytime in the future, I will contact you.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
Cheryl Pauff
Starcraft / Tecstar
(574) 534-7705 ext 15
(800) 321-1903

Maybe if they get enough inquires that will change their minds? I did follow up with them to see if it was a license issue with GM as to why they won't produce them, but I never received a response.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Yes your right.....

doogie48084 said:
Just a slight correction wolfie. the asc chin spoiler was only on one vehicle.. The diamondback.
The other pace car spoiler was a wheel to wheel part. and someone on here laready contacted them and were told they weren't pursuiting the Chin spoiler. I believe General Motorrs actually owns the rights to the pace car spoiler.

The 3G Services spoiler was modeled in the style that it was because the Vice President of ASC specifically told 3G Services not to copy their's.
It was a mis-speak on my part.......As I did also contact wheel to wheel tecstar and got the same answer that others have gotten....... But if you look closely at the ASC and the tecstar( NASCAR) spoiler........it would look as if someone copied someone............ I don't want to copy anyone.....but want to take best ideas of all and put them into one!!!!!!! I will do this........but here again I may do this only for myself..........or maybe not............remember about the mouse trap.......One thing I can say about my 3G spoiler is the quality and workmanship and fit, is par-exemplar........:seeya
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
Chin Spoiler

Maybe if they get enough inquires that will change their minds? I did follow up with them to see if it was a license issue with GM as to why they won't produce them, but I never received a response.
Why Don't we start a list to see how many would be willing to purchase. If it were enough to make it worth their while they may have a change of heart!

1. rhobbel
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
 

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
Chin Spoiler

:thumbs PUT ME DOWN FOR ONE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
129 Posts
PSI Racing said:
Maybe a petition for production with a list of members willing to place a deposit on one from ASC?:thumbs
Deposits are often the road to spur a vendor into action, promises of purchase are just that.

What if it takes 6 months to produce will the demand still be there? We say it will be but vendors are often less than willing to take that risk.

Perhaps ASC would offer the spoiler if they had, let's say 50 deposits of $50 each? They obviously have the mold and with production ending the excusivity of the chin spoiler on certain special GM projects should not be an issue.

I think this a realistic proposition, lets make it happen that spoiler rocks!:thumbs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
893 Posts
Maybe.....

PSI Racing said:
Deposits are often the road to spur a vendor into action, promises of purchase are just that.

What if it takes 6 months to produce will the demand still be there? We say it will be but vendors are often less than willing to take that risk.

Perhaps ASC would offer the spoiler if they had, let's say 50 deposits of $50 each? They obviously have the mold and with production ending the excusivity of the chin spoiler on certain special GM projects should not be an issue.

I think this a realistic proposition, lets make it happen that spoiler rocks!:thumbs


They may have the mold.....but is it a short run mold..........(where they plan to run only a few parts) Cheaper........Or a long run mold.....This would be a better made mold,,,,(more expensive)and be made to run continiously.........My bet is on a short term mold.......Which by this time may no longer be able to run parts that would fit.......... Depends on what resin it was made with.......A really good one is made with epoxy.........No telling what they did.......It may be the reason for no answers.......:seeya
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top