Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know it is actually months away but we all know it will be here before we realize it.

Now you are wondering why am I bringing this up.???? :confused

I have a proposal for all SSR Fanatics
:ssr
From what I have seen on this site and the fanatics I have met we are all very chairitable people and love to give back to our communities.

My suggestion is a SSR Sleigh Ride ( we can come up with a different name) (suggestions???) Each state, city or club in your area will collect toys for Local Chairities or organizations. In our area Chick Fil A works with the Fire Station to collect toys and items for children who won't recieve for Christmas. There are many orgnizations out there so I know finding one to support won't be a problem.

It would be great if this is set up to do Nationwide on the same day (if possible).

Of course this is only a suggestion! What do you think????

·
Registered
97 Posts
Xmas giving

wildcat66 said:
Ok I know it is actually months away but we all know it will be here before we realize it.

Now you are wondering why am I bringing this up.???? :confused

I have a proposal for all SSR Fanatics
:ssr
From what I have seen on this site and the fanatics I have met we are all very chairitable people and love to give back to our communities.

My suggestion is a SSR Sleigh Ride ( we can come up with a different name) (suggestions???) Each state, city or club in your area will collect toys for Local Chairities or organizations. In our area Chick Fil A works with the Fire Station to collect toys and items for children who won't recieve for Christmas. There are many orgnizations out there so I know finding one to support won't be a problem.

It would be great if this is set up to do Nationwide on the same day (if possible).

Of course this is only a suggestion! What do you think????
Sounds like a great idea, count us in when the time comes, locally, and if possable, for a "national contribution in the fanatic name?". :flag

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
:thumbs I would like to be in on this too. For a local and or national. This is what Harley Davidson tries to do every year.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jeff, there is a HUGH Harley Toys fot Tots ride every December here on Merritt Island. I plan to contact them and see if they would like a group of SSRs leading the pack. We can chat at the May cruise.

Tahoejoe

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
That is the one put on by the Shriners. Did that one for years, till my back got so bad that I can not ride any longer.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Cameron, I went head and post the 21 of May event on the calendar, if you have not noticed it.

G

·
Count Me In!

I think it's a great idea, when more details come about, let me know!

Chevygirl :angel

You can never have enough Toyz!

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Chevygirl, You may have to hook up with the Tn. guys to make a good showing of SSR 's since you are all alone in your part of the world. Although there is another memeber in Bowling Green.

If anyone has any ideas on this please post them.

Our town has a Christmas Parade the first Sat. of Dec. it is a night time parade, maybe this can be worked into our Sleigh ride!

G

·
Christmas Parade - Good Idea

We have a small Christmas Parade also (just about anyone can enter and most of the car clubs do) - that might be a great idea for us small town folks!

Who's in Bowling Green - that's about 1.5 hrs away but would be a beautiful ride...more time to show off!

:angel

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
tahoejoe said:
Jeff, there is a HUGH Harley Toys fot Tots ride every December here on Merritt Island. I plan to contact them and see if they would like a group of SSRs leading the pack. We can chat at the May cruise.

Tahoejoe
Based on my experience last week - you can join the pack, but Harley's don't take too kindly to following.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't want them to follow, and I don't want to follow them either. This will be a seperate drive, all together.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
In the Dallas/Ft. Worth area the local ABC (Channel 8 Santa's Helpers) channel holds a toy drive at night. You can cruise by and drop off toys in Dallas and/or Ft. Worth. I also own a custom '73 VW and the local North Texas VW Club has done this cruise for several years. If anyone in the Dallas/Ft. Worth wants to participate, let me know and I will get the details. The night is usually the Wednesday around Dec. 15 for Dallas and following Friday in Ft. Worth. The US Marines also sponsor several toy drive location which could be converted into an SSR cruise. Comments? SSR3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts