Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
The center caps you get off E -Bay are very cheap. You have to be extremely careful putting them on and taking them off as the finger clips will break. I got a set and sent them back. Factory OEM are all i use but they are not cheap.

Layne12gun

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,778 Posts
I swapped out my oem's because one of the tabs broke and another was barely attached. I was very careful with my oem's but it happened anyway. I'll use aftermarket and if one of those breaks, it's a cheap replacement instead of pulling your hair out trying to find/buy an oem and having to pay an arm and a leg. In addition, Wizzr provided me with SSR decals to place on the aftermarket caps which in my opinion look as good as the bowtie.

Dave

·
Registered
604 Posts
The aftermarket ones worked fine for me, you just need to take your time and do some minor work on them. Here is a picture of an original satin cap next to a repro chrome cap. I needed to do a little dremel work to the chrome one to make it fit like the factory one. They worked great and looked great on my wheels. As a bonus you get to loose that bowtie which breaks up the clean look.

·
2,421 Posts
I must be lucky I bought a set from hubcap kingdom fit great had them for a few years now.:grin2:

Reactions: Jersey red

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I too changed out the chromed originals with a set from the eBay seller. One was damaged on arrival, but replaced by the seller with no hassle. These have been on for several years without any problem. The originals are in a safe!??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts