Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Wanting to purchase 2005-2006 Chevrolet SSR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to find a chrome gas cap cover. I would appreciate if anyone could direct to where I might find then for sale. Thanks. Please text me at (954) 303-7555 Doug

·
SSR Believer
2,983 Posts
Hi Douglas and welcome!

If you do a search on the topic you'll find a number of threads about chrome fuel doors, replacement doors, etc. I (and a number of others here) have been down that rabbit hole and the bottom line is that no one makes them anymore, at least as of this date. A company called AMI used to sell a polished billet locking fuel door but they've been discontinued and no amount of cajoling has been able to get them to stock them again.

Like many other parts, the SSR fuel door is unique; never used on any other vehicle.

So you have a couple of options. One is to buy a "chrome" cover that sticks on. The other is to have yours professionally chromed. I've seen both and the professional job looks much better as you'd expect, but from a short distance the stick-on type looks nice too.

Here's a pretty old thread with contact info for a company that one of the Fanatics used to have his chromed (no idea if they still do it or not though):

Sorry I didn't have better news. Maybe someone with some more recent experience will chime in.

·
Registered
Wanting to purchase 2005-2006 Chevrolet SSR
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Douglas and welcome!

If you do a search on the topic you'll find a number of threads about chrome fuel doors, replacement doors, etc. I (and a number of others here) have been down that rabbit hole and the bottom line is that no one makes them anymore, at least as of this date. A company called AMI used to sell a polished billet locking fuel door but they've been discontinued and no amount of cajoling has been able to get them to stock them again.

Like many other parts, the SSR fuel door is unique; never used on any other vehicle.

So you have a couple of options. One is to buy a "chrome" cover that sticks on. The other is to have yours professionally chromed. I've seen both and the professional job looks much better as you'd expect, but from a short distance the stick-on type looks nice too.

Here's a pretty old thread with contact info for a company that one of the Fanatics used to have his chromed (no idea if they still do it or not though):

Sorry I didn't have better news. Maybe someone with some more recent experience will chime in.
thank you so much for the information. I recently purchased an 2005 Black SSR. It has the complete chrome package inside and out. 26,000 miles. I’m just wanting to trick it out a little with some pin striping and a Billet grill.

·
Premium Member
1,866 Posts
I have Stainless Steel door covers and gas cap covers...on my SSR...try the" search community" at the top of the page...link was posted several weeks ago...the vendor I purchased from no longer in business...you can also try E/Bay and
CARiD.com.......posted pic showing the Stainless Steel Covers on my SSR
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,764 Posts
@Douglas, congrats on finding one you like. Consider updating your "Signature" to show your 2005.

Nick

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,116 Posts
I’m trying to find a chrome gas cap cover. I would appreciate if anyone could direct to where I might find then for sale. Thanks. Please text me at (954) 303-7555 Doug
You might consider having your fuel door "wrapped" in a chrome wrap material. Seems that ought to be a relatively inexpensive option.

·
208 Posts
I have one brand new still has plastic on it stick on type billet if interested i can try and send picture make offer plus shipping i don't know worth

·
MY05SSR
2005 Aqua Blur, 6 speed
858 Posts
Maybe you will get lucky! I searched last year and found a Harley Davidson one for my R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts