Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i Purchased a chrome grille bar back in the winter. I had already replaced the HOOD EMBLEM with chrome. I have Gary's S.S. [shinny] concept trim on the tail gate and wanted the front [shinny] to match. I had concerns that the headlight Velcro might be a problem as the passenger side was not adhering to my spear. It came apart as advertized. Just be careful with the 3 push anchors. I cleaned the head light velcro but could not do a test. The 3 push anchors have to go in first. I did use silicone greese on all 3 push anchore. Both sides of the Velcro attached tightly. I put small rubber washers under the two small bolts and held the bar in as I tightened those bolts. I could add the fog light rims in chrome but do not think it will improve the look that much. All in all an easy change. I am happy with the new look.

Birdmans

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,534 Posts
Have satin and CHROME Spear in SSR Inventory for sale.

Sorry, it is not listed.

I thought I had picture but do not.

ALL my grill is Stainless, including the SPEAR, from Gary aka Vetteman62, 3M tape, been on for years and looks good.

Chrome Fog Bezels.

Dicktator

1. My R before I added Chin Spoiler.
2. With Chin Spoiler

Attachments

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Both of mine are right from Gm. They actually broke the first spear. There is one on ebay. No picture as I remember. I didn't get mine from him. Since I purchased mine the [special] price has gone up $40. Now about $442 if you can find one? Mike B. told me that is aprox. what the whole chrome package cost when they were available soon after 2006? You will have to use [your] bow tie.

Birdmans

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,353 Posts

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,230 Posts
@Bobbyblue Until he answers try looking at LMC, Brothers, Classic Truck parts under Emblems.

Nick

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,903 Posts
On my grill I went with a high quality Chrome Vinyl Wrap. It has been on there about a year now and still looks good.
DSCN0140.JPG
DSCN0141.JPG

1 - 20 of 27 Posts