Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone sell chrome overlays for the 3 lower grill pieces. I like the looks of the chrome cross member without the bow tie, but I would like to have all of them chrome, to me it looks more like a mid-50's chevy truck in all chrome. However I can't seem to find overlays for the other three.

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
I have also looked into this and found three options
1. Kaminari makes a fiberglass overlay (3 or 4 piece) you would then need to find somebody to chrome plate -- see the link
the bars themselves are not expensive but having trouble locating somebody to chrome plate - I have not seen any chrome painting process I personally would use. I have heard that the chrome plating could be twice the price of the overlays. So I estimated the project at around $1000. KA16821 - 2003-2006 Chevrolet SSR Grille Kit - 3 Pieces, FRP | Kaminari. Pictures on website chromed

2. Polished stainless steel overlays. They doe not cover the top and bottoms of each bar but affordable. Two suppliers
sponsoring vendor Florida Stainless Accessories - Chevy SSR Forum
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f22/rons-ssr-bling-221185/
this is route I went with -- see pictures

3. Have them chrome wrapped -- I got an estimate of approx $175 AFTER the license plate bolt holes were repaired. I also have never seen chrome wrap that really worked for me. attached is a picture I found on this site. I wish I could have seen this up close - I received no response when asked if anybody had seen this done or had done it.

Best of luck. I hope this helped

Attachments

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
Does anyone sell chrome overlays for the 3 lower grill pieces. I like the looks of the chrome cross member without the bow tie, but I would like to have all of them chrome, to me it looks more like a mid-50's chevy truck in all chrome. However I can't seem to find overlays for the other three.[/QUOTE

I do not think you will find any overlays for the sections you are referring to. I think your best bet is someone who does spray chrome or a chrome type wrap.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Thanks but I'm on my smart phone (Droid) and tried to edit or erase but can't find it. Thanks for any ideas. Got big fingers.

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
1. Kaminari makes a fiberglass overlay (3 or 4 piece) you would then need to find somebody to chrome plate -- see the link
the bars themselves are not expensive but having trouble locating somebody to chrome plate - I have not seen any chrome painting process I personally would use. I have heard that the chrome plating could be twice the price of the overlays. So I estimated the project at around $1000. KA16821 - 2003-2006 Chevrolet SSR Grille Kit - 3 Pieces, FRP | Kaminari. Pictures on website chromed

2. Polished stainless steel overlays. They doe not cover the top and bottoms of each bar but affordable. Two suppliers

3. Have them chrome wrapped -- I got an estimate of approx $175 AFTER the license plate bolt holes were repaired. I also have never seen chrome wrap that really worked for me. attached is a picture I found on this site. I wish I could have seen this up close - I received no response when asked if anybody had seen this done or had done it.

Picture number 3 appears to show the best looking chrome appearance for the major grille bars. To complete the look, I would have (blacked out) the smaller bars that are between the larger ones.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I really like the third one!

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,430 Posts
:yellow:
That's advertise's
===========================================
Actually it should be advertises not advertise's. :nerd:

The apostrophe before the final letter s denotes possessive case which is not called for in this sentence. :nerd: :surprise:

□●□ ((Thank you,.....thank you very much. I'll be here all week!!)) :grin2:

=============
David :black:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,430 Posts
So David, shall we address you as Professor Warrior or Dr. Warrior? LOL

Dave
================================

Dave: The choice is yours, my good man!! :surprise: :nerd:

.....Just please don't call me late for dinner!! ~~~ arf, arf, arf!!! :glol:glol

===============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I got mine from Gary and they are great.
Some of you guys with (i'm guessing) long time spent on this site, leave some of us relatively newer forum members not knowing the (inside joke/or meaning).

Now, as a potential soon to be SSR owner, I'm paying a lot of attention to many of these posts. I've never been "thrilled" at all with the painted look of the grille bars.........this post suggests maybe how to get some chrome ones.

This guy says..............."I got mine from Gary..........." WTF..............:frown2:

Is that comment related to the chrome options reviewed in the post or does it have to do with some grammatical corrections offered up in a few subsequent posts.

My mother was a life long grade school teacher, I have had all the grammer schooling I need..................Thanks a bunch.:|

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
Gary Peters is from Florida Stainless Steel accessories and as I mentioned he is a suporting member of this site.Here is a link to his eBay store. Great deals from Florida Stainless Steel Accessories | eBay stores
I believe if you contact him directly you can save some money as a member of this site.
His email was posted previously.
[email protected]

I hope this clears things up.
Sorry for any confusion.
Thanks for the assist. I was hoping to get more clarification on the source of the grille bars is picture number 3. Those stainless bars appear to be bolted or glued on top of existing grille bars............whereas the picture number 3 looks more like chrome and the entire bar is that way. I like that look much better. I've dealt with stainless stuff on my streetrod for years, while it can look (close) to chrome, it won't stay that way very long and requires constant polishing. Good chrome plating looks much better and is pretty maintenance free.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,994 Posts
Picture number three is chrome wrap, and to me it doesn't look as good as polished stainless.
Its more like a 10 footer. But, like i said I have not seen this nor did I get a comment about anybody that has seen it done or did it themselves.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I like the third one as well, but would leave out the chrome inserts between the bars, just let that be black.
I have been thinking about doing something to mine. I have the chrome emblem and chrome spear, after looking at many others, I think I will just stay with those two pieces.

I did see a yellow "R" on this site with satin bars, it had the satin hood emblem and satin spear, that with the satin bars looked very good. I copied the picture and looked at it a while, trying to decide what I wanted to do. I couldn't find the image, so I guess I deleted it.

OP, good luck with your search. Please come back and post your results on this thread, even if it months later. It is always nice to find out what someone did or what they found during the process.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts