Chevy SSR Forum banner

Chrome Hood Emblem Yet?

4K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  Ghostrider 
#1 ·
Has anyone ventured out to chrome plate their SSR hood emblem yet? If so where is the best place to get it done.

#2 ·
Hood emblem is plastic. Best they can do is paint it with a chrome type of urethane paint. Estimate cost of the emblem and front grill bars I got was for under $100. from Eddy Smith, 757-573-3464. He also does 24 Kt. Gold plating and has auto detailing products. See him at dingmaster.net.

#10 ·
Price Assumptions

fiftiesnut said:
Thanks Ken, I am not worried about the price. If you run without a spare, you can't be to tight to get some chrome work done. Your SSR looks great with the mods. Did you do any motor upgrades? or is that a secret at this time?

jerry
Jerry - jumping to conclusions aren't you?? It's not so much being ticht as it is seeing what I want to get done and how soon it fits the budget. At least I don't need to make any monthly payments.

#11 · (Edited)
Payments

hdflstf said:
Jerry - jumping to conclusions aren't you?? It's not so much being ticht as it is seeing what I want to get done and how soon it fits the budget. At least I don't need to make any monthly payments.
I make my payments weakly , I mean weekly ! :nopity

In Canada G.M. had 0 % for 60 months , why not make payments ?

I am very interested in getting my emblem chromed as the one on the SSR is very close to the shape and style of the emblem on my 1941 CHEVY CAB OVER , think they will look great parked beside each other :party

George

#12 ·
Actually I am a Rocket Scientist

fiftiesnut said:
Live by "if you have to ask, you can't afford it" I hear "how much" every day of my life and it is a sure sign that the person didn't want it to begin with. If I didn't have any monthly payments which I highly doubt your not, then I sure wouldn't let how much slip from my lips. Sorry you got your feelings hurt, but I would guess about $100.00 more or less and I drink that many sodas in a week. I will know for sure tommorow after I get the time frame to get it done and in the meanwhile I am ordering another one to have in case I want to put it back to original.

"Ticht",,,what is "Ticht" is that the way rocket scientist spell? Are you ashame of who you are and your occupation. You will find that the most of the real SSR owners aren't putting silly "Rocket Scientist" down as occupation and are not afraid to give their geographic location. People who write that crap are normally frauds. Lets see photos of the "Paid in full SSR" and not one parked on the lot.

HMMMMM, got any more replies and surely you can come up with a digital camera with that $1500.00 discount you got sport??
My my, your buttons are easily pushed. "Ticht" is my lack of typing skills which typically does not reflect well on my spelling, and it should be tight (just in case you couldn't figure that out on your own). The digital camera is on my desk but it will take more that your goading (look it up at dictionary.com if you need to) to make me do your bidding. I'll call the plater direct to see if I can get mine done before yours since they are a few miles away and I'm sure they will be more helpful than you. Thanks for showing your true colors.

The Artful Dodger
:cheers

#13 ·
Hey, HDFLSTF

Sorry you've had a rough intro to our board. First, problems with delivery, then this little go-round.

I'm also interested in how much the chroming would cost, and interested in both the Chevron bar and hood emblem. Price is an issue - I don't mind spending for toys, but a little education doesn't hurt. Case in point - two makers of drilled rotors have been identified on this forum, and cost of one is almost 4 times as much as the other.

Don't know what fifties was going on about, but whether our toys are paid for or not shouldn't affect our ability to make intelligent decisions

Maybe he's just grouchy because he has to answer to Daisy. :lol :lol

From your address, I'm guessing Huntington Beach? - if so, nice spot. Spent a couple of days there in early November.

Let us know how you make out with the clutch issues. Maybe Freezer has some insights.

Ray

#14 ·
Sorry HDFLSTF

I agree with Flash. I am not ashamed to say I paid cash for my SSR. I also pay my credit cards off each month, and I always do a little research before I lay out my hard earned cash. I am not afraid to ask "How much?" And if the person selling the product or service is bothered by telling me how much it costs then his price is probably way out of line anyway. You will find most of the members are here to help each other and share the enjoyment they get out of their SSR. Let's all lighten up and little and get back to enjoying this wonderful forum.

#16 ·
Jerry,
Thanks, as for as my motor , I am building a 427 LS6 . It should make around 600 hp. So that means it should be as fast as a VW Rabbit! I am going to put a complete set up together ( engine and tranny). We hve emissions checks here every two years, so I will just swap it back when the time comes. Also the rear end has to be changed, I am going with a 9" ford with 3.70 gears.
Thanks for your interest,
Ken

#19 ·
fiftiesnut said:
When someone enters their ocupation as a "Rocket Scientist" and lives in "Surf City" on a profile, it makes one wonder why even join at all if you are being fictitious about yourself. If you have a SSR then great and if not that is even better.

P.S. I removed the recent reply and I hope my "Goading" you didn't hurt. That is a big word for a "Rocket Scientist" :yesnod

Jerry Morgan
Brain Surgeon
17 years of working on spacecraft propulsion systems (cold gas, hypergolic - both mono and bi-propellant, and cryogenic systems) qualifies me as a rocket scientist.
Surf City is the original name for Huntington Beach which could easily be found on the 'net although I realize that might take some effort on your part.
Perhaps you need to re-check your assumptions about me since they are incorrect.
As far as you hurting me (yeah right), I work with techs and QCs that are far worse than you.
Brain Surgeon?? At least the initials ar correct :lol

Since you can remove posts, why don't you remove my reply to your removed post and then remove our posts from today.

#21 ·
Hey, HDFLSTF

Glad you're back and still feeling feisty - my assumption about Surf City being Huntington Beach was correct - didn't need to be a brain surgeon to figure that one out. :lol :lol Keep the "rocket scientist" description - adds a touch of class to our forum.

Hope you get your clutch woes sorted out quickly - you should be having nothing but fun with your new toy, not dealing with major issues.

By the way - that is one tough name to spell out - sounds like some Harley affiliations, but definitely leaves me guessing.

Ray

#23 · (Edited)
Got My Chrome Plated Hood Emblem

Ken Thurm said:
Jerry, I called the co. this morning, they would love the extra work.
D&S Plating
11544 Anabel ave.
Garden Grove Ca.
714-537-5411
Ken
Just got my hood emblem back from D&S Plating and it is "NICE". Will get some photos when the sun comes out again. Bought a new emblem from GM and sent it in so i could keep the original in case I want to return it back original. Total cost of the new emblem, shipping and chroming was $200.00. I think it was well worth it.

jerry

#25 ·
fiftiesnut said:
Just got my hood emblem back from D&S Plating and it is "NICE". Will get some photos when the sun comes out again. Bought a new from GM and sent it in so i could keep the original in case I want to return it back original. Total cost of the new emblem, shipping and chroming was $200.00. I think it was well worth it.

jerry
I am glad everything came out good! I have been doing buissnes with them for 15 years, they are good people.
Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.