Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, just checking interest in these wheels. They're currently on my 05 but will be replaced in the near future. Keep in mind that these wheels have been on this truck for 15 years. But considering that, they appear to be in pretty nice shape. There is no curb rash, no chrome peeling, etc. The only thing I see is on the outer edge where a tire machine was used to replace tires over the years. I will include a full set of aftermarket smoothie center caps. Yes, the wheels are dirty in the pictures. I know shipping will be killer since each wheel will have to be shipped in it's own box, so this would be four individual shipments so keep this in mind.

Thanks,
Dano

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much $
Well to be honest I haven't really decided to sell them yet, I'm just kinda gauging interest. If I do decide to sell them I may just open them to offers. But I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I make a decision.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get it...kinda like fishing...casting the old lure out there see if there is any action....nothin' wrong with that I guess...:)
Well I guess you can look at it that way, but I don't think I'm on a fishing expedition at all. If there's a genuine interest in them I will sell them. Otherwise I'll store them.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im interested let me know cost
I'm actually waiting for my new wheels, then I want to box up these wheels to see how much they weigh etc. So that I can get an idea as to shipping cost. Once I get this info I'll price this set of wheels. I want to do it this way because I know shipping will most likely be pretty expensive. I know due to the nature of SSR parts they're well over priced sometimes. I want to avoid over pricing these wheels but at the same time I can't give them away.

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
There is some competition in shipping costs. For example vintage truck parts, large bulky stuff, like wheels, can be shipped by bus, Fastenal and some freight companies. These options are sometimes a bit cheaper than the usual suspects. Might be worth the effort to check them out too?

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is some competition in shipping costs. For example vintage truck parts, large bulky stuff, like wheels, can be shipped by bus, Fastenal and some freight companies. These options are sometimes a bit cheaper than the usual suspects. Might be worth the effort to check them out too?
yeah I'll look into the options once I determine how much each box will weigh. Grayhound unfortunately isn't an option here where I live.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking. What do you mean.
I would suggest you clean the wheels and repost the pictures since even by expanding the pictures I was unable to determine the answer to the question. If you clean them you will understand I think.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
That would be correct BlueStreak. Not hard at all to see in person if they are ALL chrome! That basically verifies OEM or aftermarket wheels....prices would be different if not OEM Chrome.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would suggest you clean the wheels and repost the pictures since even by expanding the pictures I was unable to determine the answer to the question. If you clean them you will understand I think.
OK I think I know what you're asking. Inside the hole of each spoke there's an area of what appears to be grey paint along the perimeter of the holes at the far inside.
I pulled the LF wheel to get a better look and to see what's stamped on the backside.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Old job. Each wheel should have that same painted area and if so you would have the OEM wheels, not rechromed wheels.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good job...is what I wrote t
but the monster in my machine changes my writing😱
Yes, these are the wheels that came on the truck when it was bought new. I checked all the wheels and all of them are painted the same way.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,434 Posts
Thanks you for the verification. It will be an effective part of your advertisement.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, as promised I said I would post the price once I got more info. Each box is 22x22x12 and weigh about 40 lb. each and of course there are four boxes. Each wheel will be double boxed. I will be shipping from zip code 32571.

I don't know when I can sell them exactly because one of my new wheels has to be exchanged, one came in with a problem and at this time the wheels I'm selling are still on my SSR.

I'm pricing the set at $1000.00 plus shipping.

Keep in mind, these ARE the original wheels that came on my SSR 15 years ago and since I've only had this truck for a year I don't know the trucks history. It does have a clear car fax and has never been wrecked. These wheels are being sold "AS IS"

Thanks,
Dano

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.