Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most of us that usually read this forum daily know that the chrome items for an SSR only come as a package of about four or five items for a thousand dollars (not talking about the msrp package on the dealers sticker). But what if you needed a chrome piece for your 06 dash how would you get it? Lets say you were in an accident how would you get a particular part that was not part of that package? Can a chrome piece be ordered just as one item by it's part number? For some reason I'm under the impression that the items can't be purchased separately but that doesen't sound right. I don't know where I got that from. No my 06 did not come with the chrome package nor did I crash it. I just want that chrome package. I was thinking maybe I could get it item by item.

:banghead :smash :banghead :smash :banghead :smash​

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,190 Posts
Chevrolet can order parts by the VIN and get the exact correct piece. I suggest you go on line and go snooping for an '06 SSR with a chrome package. Get to the dealer inventory and write down the VIN of the SSR that has the factory package. You can then reference this vin any time you want to order a bright chrtome piece..... Kind of an unethical (ha) twist on the ordering scheme, but it works.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mike in AZ said:
Chevrolet can order parts by the VIN and get the exact correct piece. I suggest you go on line and go snooping for an '06 SSR with a chrome package. Get to the dealer inventory and write down the VIN of the SSR that has the factory package. You can then reference this vin any time you want to order a bright chrtome piece..... Kind of an unethical (ha) twist on the ordering scheme, but it works.

Mike

Thanks Mike, I think I heard this somewhere before. But why wouldn't they be willing to sell me a part if I wanted it, regardless how my SSR came equipt.

:banghead :smash :banghead :smash :banghead :smash

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mikepowell said:
I'll have my body shop friend look into it:)
if I remember:flag
Thanks mikepowell, I'd appreciate that.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug​

1 - 5 of 5 Posts