Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Well fate has struck again. Another lost/stolen Right Center cap.

If any body has one for sale please contact [email protected],

2005 Chrome Right Front

thanks
Layne12gun / Lil red

Slingshot Rules!
Kinda Curious, Layne . . .

Are you using "The Small Strip of Double Sided Tape Fix" on a few Center Cap Tabs?

Shortly after adopting The Doophus many years ago, I learned about this trick at an SSR Tech Session. Maybe not perfect but at least no more missing or loose Center Caps in about 15 years.

Definitely something to consider.

! :D ! 馃憤 ! :D ! 馃憤 ! :D !

Premium Member
#4 Jun 17, 2006
Focks said:
What is the cheap fix for the center wheel caps?
Its a rubberized tape almost like electric tape but a bit thicker. The fix it to put two small pieces of the stuff on two of the four prongs to help hold them in better and keep them from spinning on the wheel. I'm sure after a while the tape will shift. wear and come off causing the caps to spin and fall off again, but I'm sure GM calculated that it would most likely fail again out of warranty. :smash

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Kinda Curious, Layne . . .

Are you using "The Small Strip of Double Sided Tape Fix" on a few Center Cap Tabs?

Shortly after adopting The Doophus many years ago, I learned about this trick at an SSR Tech Session. Maybe not perfect but at least no more missing or loose Center Caps in about 15 years.

Definitely something to consider.

! :D ! 馃憤 ! :D ! 馃憤 ! :D !
Not falling off Some one is stealing them !! Went out to dinner the other night and came home it was Gonzo !!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as i find a replacement Im taking all of them off and putting on the after markets . WAY to expensive to keep loosing them like I do. i hate thieves Layne12gun

Registered
As soon as i find a replacement Im taking all of them off and putting on the after markets . WAY to expensive to keep loosing them like I do. i hate thieves Layne12gun
Agree. Aftermarket caps work just fine unless your in a concourse car show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts