Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 SSR with standard rims. I am looking for a set of chrome rims in very good condition.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19,620 Posts
Do a search here and see who chromes them can’t recall companies name but they are in l.a. ca

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
There are two companies that will take your silver wheels and repair if needed and chrome them and ship them back to you. I just checked "SEARCH" and found this posting.

Posting from
melbatoast12
dated 6-25-17.

It covers the who when where and why.

Looks like you are new and maybe don't know your way around yet. I have been here since 2014 an still don't know my way around. Ha! Ha! Go to the top of the page and click on "SEARCH" then put in your search and click on that and the post I am talking about should come up and click on that and away you go. Good luck and welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota.

Reactions: voodoophantom

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
There are two companies that will take your silver wheels and repair if needed and chrome them and ship them back to you. I just checked "SEARCH" and found this posting.

Posting from
melbatoast12
dated 6-25-17.

It covers the who when where and why.

Looks like you are new and maybe don't know your way around yet. I have been here since 2014 an still don't know my way around. Ha! Ha! Go to the top of the page and click on "SEARCH" then put in your search and click on that and the post I am talking about should come up and click on that and away you go. Good luck and welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota.
Advanced search is under the Tools Drop down in the red tool bar at the top of the page.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,898 Posts
Advanced search is under the Tools Drop down in the red tool bar at the top of the page.

I guess my machine is old school. No tools and no advanced. Just new posts, search, and quik links. So I use search. I am under classic format.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
If you want a set of freshly chromed wheels look up Mike at simple engineering.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,002 Posts
I have a 2005 SSR with standard rims. I am looking for a set of chrome rims in very good condition.
Thanks.
There are several sets of wheels available in different places across the country. Wheels are expensive to ship. Cost of shipping ONE wheel ranges from $30 to $100, depending on where you are sending it and what carrier you use. I trust all of the SSR owners in this family to be as honest and trustworthy as any Boy Scout. You should too......

Please go into your “User CP” section and update your profile to show where you are located. This may generate offers of people to deliver wheels to you or meet you half way. It’s a fine bunch of owners here.

Thanks to my friend S2NAZ for offering me up, but I am a month away from having a freshly chromed set of wheels available.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am living in Germany. We lived in WI for 5 years and are now back. The SSR made it over the pond. I have a buddy living in Appleton who will pack the wheel in his container and bring them home for me sometime mid / end of 2018. So I have some time.
Thanks for all your help and recommendations.
Rechroming is not an option. It needs to be an "additional" pair.

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,415 Posts
I am living in Germany. We lived in WI for 5 years and are now back. The SSR made it over the pond. I have a buddy living in Appleton who will pack the wheel in his container and bring them home for me sometime mid / end of 2018. So I have some time.
Thanks for all your help and recommendations.
Rechroming is not an option. It needs to be an "additional" pair.
Just an Off The Wall thought, Hefezopf . . .

If unable to locate Chrome Wheels or the price is a little too hefty, consider having your buddy pick up a set of Satin Wheels and have them chromed.

Satins pop up on here quite often for a couple hundred bucks and to have them chromed is roughly $800.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all replies. If someone comes along a set of chrome wheels in good condition please let me know. Thanks for all the info posted on the forum. It is very helpful especially when not living in the US.

·
Premium Member
3,692 Posts
Hello Hefezopf

I have a near new set of Satin rims with caps, they were removed from an SSR with less than 50 miles on them.

I would gladly drop them off at Wheel Concepts here in So Cal, for chroming and shipping to you.

I'm asking $600, pictures available by request.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,562 Posts
Thanks for all replies. If someone comes along a set of chrome wheels in good condition please let me know. Thanks for all the info posted on the forum. It is very helpful especially when not living in the US.
Did you miss Trader Dicks post above?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts