Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awhile back someone had posted a company that custom made Chrome Script Emblems and I can't locate that company or that post. To be exact I am looking for the word CORVETTE in chrome script about 10 to 12 inches long. Got an idea for engine cover. Everyone knows we have a Chevy SSR but few people realize the 05 and 06 are powered by the Corvette LS2. I think it would be informative and really look cool when the hood is up. Already received chrome, red, and black LS2 6.0L V8 off E-Bay but all places that sell the corvette insignia it says stingray on it also and I don't want that. Any help??? Thanks.

Sample for each side of the engine cover:

CORVETTE
LS2 6.0L V8

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auggie, I usually just do a item search on eBay.
Tried that with no results. If you find any they have the word STINGRAY with it and I don't want that. The company I am talking about makes chrome badging for fenders and trunks etc. for guys that do rebuilding and restoring. Just can't find their name.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump!

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,735 Posts
Not to say anything negative "just my 2 cents" just because Corvettes ALSO have the LS2 6.0L V8, I for one would not have the word Corvette anywhere on my SSR. Corvettes have the word Corvette on them in a few places yet none of them has or would have the letters SSR on them for a good reason. None of them would ever have SSR on their engine cover & I for one wouldn't want them to. Maybe I just get tired of hearing, "O you have a Corvette engine" :banghead
Just exercising my 1st & 2nd amendments Opinion & "shooting off my mouth/or toe":flag

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Too each his own. Your comparison doesn't make sense. There are no SSR parts on a corvette but there is a corvette motor in the 05 and 06 SSR's and if you have one you have the right to brag a little. All the advertisements and dealers and writeups brag the fact it has a corvette motor and most people revere and respect that fact. My 2 cents and we all know what that is worth. Thanks for your help. Hope the rest of your day goes better!

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it from Imax-Racing and got them installed. Looks awesome. Thanks for all the help.

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
Not to say anything negative "just my 2 cents" just because Corvettes ALSO have the LS2 6.0L V8, I for one would not have the word Corvette anywhere on my SSR. Corvettes have the word Corvette on them in a few places yet none of them has or would have the letters SSR on them for a good reason. None of them would ever have SSR on their engine cover & I for one wouldn't want them to. Maybe I just get tired of hearing, "O you have a Corvette engine" :banghead
Just exercising my 1st & 2nd amendments Opinion & "shooting off my mouth/or toe":flag
I agree it is not a Corvette engine it is a GM engine Model LS2. the same engine was in the Pontiac GTO, Pontiac GS8, Cadillac CTS-V, Corvette, SSR, Trailblazer SS, Holden Special Vehicles (V-8 models), Saab 9-7X Aero & Vauxhall Monaro VXR. So do we say we have a Saab engine in our SSR? Just My .02 cents

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Auggie
How about a few pictures ?
Don't know how to take them and don't know how to get them on the computer. Our kids and grandkids call us cave people. Go figure.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Funny you folks keep saying the 05 and 06 does not have a Corvette Motor but all the articles I have researched lately says it does to replace the 5.3 liter because of weight issues in the SSR. Chevy themselves call it that so at least mine has a Corvette Motor and I am proud of it.

Check it out: (Mine is one of the Slingshot Yellow ones in the pictures.)
Click here:
The Chevrolet Corvette Pace Car Registry - Chevrolet SSR Tribute

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I agree with you on this issue. We don't have a Corvette we have an SSR!!!

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I checked my build sheet and it says "Featured LS2-6.0L Aluminum 390HP V8 Engine.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you check the history the gen three LS2 was designed for the corvette and it worked so well then they decided to put it in about 10 different vehicles. All those vehicles did not have a special production motor built for their individual line but used the existing LS2 that was already available. Sorry this seems to have turned into an argument and that was not my intention. Just proud of the fact Chevy decided to install the 6 Liter LS2 in the SSR's as they had no engine built specifically for the truck. Sorry if my boasting stepped on a few toes. Have a good day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts