Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
OP
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a chroming service in Texas. I want to chrome my grill , chevy name plate, and that plastic strip across the front on my SSR to start.

Does anyone know of anyone around Texas and if so, are they any good?
Thanks everyone for your help...

·
OP
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

I'll check 'em out next time I'm in both places...

·
Premium Member
32,552 Posts
Swap in '06 parts

I keep reading that the '06's have an option to get the satin trim pieces as chromed instead. Perhaps at the homecoming we'll actually see one or more being produced with that option and possibly be able to peek at the part numbers while we're there. :rolleyes: (I know we can't take cameras, but someone in our group's gotta have perfect recall!)

The part swap would be good in that you don't have to sacrifice your originals to get the chrome look, and it might actually end up cheaper. Then again, with the way GM is pricing SSR parts, it'll prolly cost 500 just for the "Chevrolet" bar on the hood.

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
There is a complete chrome package for '06. Just order the new parts and forget having the old ones chromed.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,999 Posts
freezer said:
There is a complete chrome package for '06. Just order the new parts and forget having the old ones chromed.
Do we have part numbers for all the goodies yet?? My local dealer is less than supportive on finding these items. Seems ok if I give them number though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts