Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a SS emblem from wild bills, in chrome. It was 62.00 not too bad. But to me it looks like polished satin? almost chrome. Has anyone else noticed if the chrome SS on the gate is not quite as brite as the door handles? It is new, came in an envelope with the gm part number tag on it. Definitely not satin, but not quite chrome either. D

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,397 Posts
Somebody might help more if you post the part number!?

Nick

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,920 Posts
It may just be dirty from sitting somewhere for 14 years, try some chrome polish.

·
DFW TX Crew
1,438 Posts
is there a plastic layer to peel off it? I've seen that before where you have to peel off the plastic layer and it looks chrome then.

have you contacted Bill?

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
I purchased a chrome door bezel from Wild Bills. I thought the same thing from pictures. I called and checked part numbers. So, I purchased and it was exactly what it was supposed to be.
So double check part numbers.

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Part number 15137470, Came in sealed envelope with gm part number tag. Not dusty, no plastic on it. I saw one on ebay today, it looks like this one, not quite chrome. Im gonna put it on later, better than the satin one I have. d

·
LKMURKY
450 Posts
I ordered a SS emblem from wild bills, in chrome. It was 62.00 not too bad. But to me it looks like polished satin? almost chrome. Has anyone else noticed if the chrome SS on the gate is not quite as brite as the door handles? It is new, came in an envelope with the gm part number tag on it. Definitely not satin, but not quite chrome either. D
Dino:
Know you like yer Chrome Bud, That Tailgate Emblem would be Beautiful Painted RED!!!
Cary
LKMURKY

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
Part number 15137470, Came in sealed envelope with gm part number tag. Not dusty, no plastic on it. I saw one on ebay today, it looks like this one, not quite chrome. Im gonna put it on later, better than the satin one I have. d
Part number does not match chrome part number posted by Mike Byers.
Search "OEM chrome"
I would call and ask wild bills or check first with Mike Byers before installing, see if your part number is listed satin and then request refund.
Also, I noticed wild bills web site also shows the ss emblem upside down.
I am embarrassed to explain how I know this?

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Part number does not match chrome part number posted by Mike Byers.
Search "OEM chrome"
I would call and ask wild bills or check first with Mike Byers before installing, see if your part number is listed satin and then request refund.
Also, I noticed wild bills web site also shows the ss emblem upside down.
I am embarrassed to explain how I know this?
I sent them an email, no response. There are two on ebay with that part number described as chrome. It is not satin FOR SURE! weird. I have never personally seen a chrome one on a 06 to really know. Im gonna use it.

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a pic of both, I just removed the satin one from the truck. It is not satin for sure, more like polished stainless, but it is not that either. Looks chrome all by itself.

Attachments

·
DFW TX Crew
1,438 Posts
Definitely not chrome and he shouldn't be advertising it as chrome either unless it's chrome. I understand chroming is a rare business these days due to the EPA and such killing it off but there's many places now that can wrap parts in chrome vinyl that looks dang good and much better then those fake chrome SS letters. Might look into that as an option.

Josh

·
Perfectionist
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I just couldn't leave it alone. I got the Dremel out and the compounds and started to polish it like I did the gauge bezels. I got one one the letters looking awesome. Then went on to the other one, got it too hot and bubbles the plating. Just my luck. So it is in the trash now.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Don't trash it, someone may want to paint it for their truck. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts