Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
xs-cash
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who still does the chrome wheel exchange ? We’re i get a chrome set and they get my old silver ones , I did it like 10 yrs ago , but can’t remember from who !

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
36,982 Posts
I also used Wheel Concepts and was very satisfied !!!!!!!!

·
Slingshot Rules!
61,404 Posts
Lazy Man's Option . . .

Here in Arizona, Discount Tire will order the Chrome Wheels, mount and balance when they arrive and take care of the return shipping of the exchange wheels all for one price.

Definitely worth checking out as Discount Tire is all over.

! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: ! :cheers ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Yes I have the Detroit wheels. Very happy with them. The PVD coating is pretty darn nice. Plus the barrel of the wheel is completely covered and shiny. 5 year warranty on the finish. Just be aware that they will sing on curb rash and vent wheels. They got me on slight bends on mine. If I remember correctly, they got me for $120..00 charge off my core charge. Still a good buy,I think.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
I corresponded with Joe Bianchi with Detroit Wheel and Tire over the last several days about exchanging my OEM chrome wheels. He states that since my wheels are already chrome he will Not exchange with a set from his firm. I asked about a complete set with No exchange, the price would be $3000 plus $150 shipping. There would also be a delay in his acquiring another set.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Yes, I was disappointed as well. They only exchange the satin finished rims... Bummer! Maybe if you can find a cheap set somewhere...

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,308 Posts
So who still does the chrome wheel exchange ? We’re i get a chrome set and they get my old silver ones , I did it like 10 yrs ago , but can’t remember from who !
Hey Nate Man....did you try Western Hard Chrome, or Alberta Plating in Edmonton? Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
As suggested above, I checked with Wheel Concepts. They seem to be the place to get Chrome wheels re-Chromed. Will follow up with them. Thanks for the guidance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
10 Participants
05PelicanSSR
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing