Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If there were no curb rash it wouldn't be a bad buy. You can't fix damaged chrome wheels.The same as a little bit pregnant? There is no such thing? Internet handle is kennychrome........so you know I'm into chrome. Every piece of chrome you could buy at the time on my [NEW & ORIGINAL] 1990 HARLEY FLHT_________what ever the last digits mean. I believe 28 years old this year? Up & running again after 4 years of sitting/all/after putting in a new 2006 beveled gear trans. As said earlier, a [DOG] compared to the new Indian Chieftian. This is for those of us who also have motorcycles. I want, but do not need CHROME WHEELS for my SSr/ although that was my plan. Most of you understand my [R] lives outside & just a salt truck up my street does terrible things [just] to my ssr chrome valve caps. I can only imagine if the wheels were also [CHROME]?

I'm starting to be like T. C. Dog. Commenting on most everything. I still like & wish I had a Name/handle like he has. No harm intended.

BIRDMANS

·
Premium Member
2,708 Posts
If there were no curb rash it wouldn't be a bad buy. You can't fix damaged chrome wheels.The same as a little bit pregnant? There is no such thing? Internet handle is kennychrome........so you know I'm into chrome. Every piece of chrome you could buy at the time on my [NEW & ORIGINAL] 1990 HARLEY FLHT_________what ever the last digits mean. I believe 28 years old this year? Up & running again after 4 years of sitting/all/after putting in a new 2006 beveled gear trans. As said earlier, a [DOG] compared to the new Indian Chieftian. This is for those of us who also have motorcycles. I want, but do not need CHROME WHEELS for my SSr/ although that was my plan. Most of you understand my [R] lives outside & just a salt truck up my street does terrible things [just] to my ssr chrome valve caps. I can only imagine if the wheels were also [CHROME]?

I'm starting to be like T. C. Dog. Commenting on most everything. I still like & wish I had a Name/handle like he has. No harm intended.

BIRDMANS
:|
As to the wheels/tires, I also think (given no curb rash or other dings), that the price is pretty reasonable.

I'm guessing your H.D. ride is kept in the garage. Lucky for you living in Maryland and salt trucks and maybe the (coastline) not too far away. Given your bike is early 90's, it would be much like my old '93 Wide Glide. The chrome plating back in those days was (farmed out) and it was of much higher quality than later on when H.D. started doing their own plating.

I live within less than 3 miles of the coast here in Sunset Beach, N.C. Even with my H.D. in a climate controlled garage, you can see evidence of the cheap azz chroming where the (salt air) has had an effect. Current ride is a 2014 SG Special.:|

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts

BIRDMANS
"Bird" appreciate "the compliment" I kinda' like my handle too. When Sue Waldamire owned the Cozy Dog Drive Inn, in Springfield, Illinois, she was proud to display my old Tennessee COZYDOG license plate and it is still on display there. When she sold it or turned it over to her kids, they didn't think my handle was the best choice, since CozyDog is associated with the state of Illinois. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,641 Posts
Just checked this posting and it says "DELETED BY AUTHOR".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts