Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a real nice set of chrome wheels. I have a real nice set of satin wheels if anybody out there likes the satin better. Send me a pm, Dino

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
The best way to go is the chrome wheel exchange. Detroit Wheel will send you a set of chrome wheels, you mount them and send your satin ones back to them in the same boxes..It ends up costing you around $1000.00.
That's about the best deal you will find on a nice set of chrome wheels. Another company that does the same thing is Wheel Concepts out of California..

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Looking for a real nice set of chrome wheels. I have a real nice set of satin wheels if anybody out there likes the satin better. Send me a pm, Dino
Good to have you "officially" on board now with your "new" 05 Redline Red SSR. I know we have talked many times and am glad your patience paid off. Now be patient ... and get some OEM Chrome Rims for that "little red truck" and some new tires so you can go cruisin' Was lookin' at a 2016 Impala Limited LTZ at the Chevrolet Dealer in Lincoln, Illinois, so might have to come up in the next 3 or 4 weeks and take a look at it. Jan wants to come up and put some flowers on parents graves in Shelbyville. I gotta see your new purchase and don't want to wait until September at the Route 66 Mother Road Festival. See ya' Bob Alexander :ssr

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,420 Posts
Dino, I feel these SSRfanatics are giving you good advice. Bob Alexander :ssr
I agree, Bob . . . GREAT ADVICE.

Offers for The Doophus's OEMs (pictures below) have all been over $2k and the Wheel Concepts look exactly the same at less than half the expense and hassle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
If I was you I would call both places that I mentioned. When I bought mine from Detroit Wheel they were on sale for 800.00 plus 200.00 for shipping both ways. Wheel Concepts was a little higher but it also might come down to which one has a set ready to ship. I would highly recommend Detroit Wheel only because that is where I got mine and I am 200% satisfied. The guys that bought from Wheel Concepts feel the same so check them out.

·
Perfectionist
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have called wheel concepts already today. Talked to phil. They have a set that they can get started on right away. Phil said he could do mine also. Will check out Detroit wheel tmmrw sometime. D

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,420 Posts
I have called wheel concepts already today. Talked to phil. They have a set that they can get started on right away. Phil said he could do mine also. Will check out Detroit wheel tmmrw sometime. D
Just an FYI, Dino . . .

Out here the local Discount Tire Shop will do all the "dirty work" for about the same price or very little more . . . ordering, mounting, balancing, installing and then shipping your old wheels back to Wheel Concepts.

All you need to do is show up and sign the charge slip.

Do you have one in your area?

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,299 Posts
I sold the chrome set off the Purlple a few years ago for over $2000 US. Now it would be difficult to find a complete set in very good condition. So the re-do thing sounds like a plan - save $ and get them sooner :)

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Good morning Dino, see what a great bunch of guys are on this web site and willing to give good advice and help you. Bob Alexander :ssr I think Discount Tire here in Murfreesboro, does the same thing, so check them out in Springfield, if you have one. :smile2:

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,005 Posts
Time for a reminder.....

Go get a paint can opening tool and put it in your SSR. You know what they look like and you also know that you can buy one from any hardware store.

This simple tool will allow YOU to GENTLY pull the center caps off your wheels. This saves the wheel from some "technician" getting a big flat-blade screwdriver under your cap and boogering up the wheel or the cap.

My two cents,

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Go get a paint can opening tool and put it in your SSR. You know what they look like and you also know that you can buy one from any hardware store.

This simple tool will allow YOU to GENTLY pull the center caps off your wheels. This saves the wheel from some "technician" getting a big flat-blade screwdriver under your cap and boogering up the wheel or the cap.

My two cents,

Mike
Mike your two cents is worth several hundred dollars !!! Bob Alexander tennesseecozydog :ssr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts