Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chrome wheels

Thanks but I am still holding out for a factory set of chromes. Anyone out there have a set for sale ?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Aftermarket Chrome Source for Wheels

hbrooks said:
Want a set of 4 wheels for my 05 SSR. Might consider a set of satin wheels that I can have chromed.
Hbrooks,

I have the factory chromes on my '06 and have seen the ones chromed in the aftermarket. The aftermarket chrome is far superior in quality. No pits, no flaws and polished more deeply into the carved-out section of the spoke.

Dave Rhude in Tucson had his done by California Custom Chrome. He sent satin painted wheels with tires mounted and they sent them back chromed with the tires re-mounted. They quoted 4 weeks turn time and delivered on their promise. The cost was $700 plus shipping...... Yeah, that's right, $700 including dismount and remount of tires and balancing. They said that there is not a lot of demand for chroming on these wheels yet, but if it gets bigger, they will start an exchange pool.

Call them...... 661-294-0170 or visit their website at www.calchrome.com

I called Dave this morning to double check and he said the wheels were perfectly balanced and not a scratch on them. He is thrilled with the quality of the chroming. You can e-mail Dave at [email protected] if you need further testimonial.

Please investigate this and report back, as I'm sure others may follow.

Good Luck,

Mike

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheels are all years the same

Are all years from 2003 to 2006 the exact same size and design ?

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
have a set of satin ones if your still interested. PM me.

P/P

Peace:flag

H

·
0 Posts
hbrooks said:
Want a set of 4 wheels for my 05 SSR. Might consider a set of satin wheels that I can have chromed.
have satin and chrome,, trade one for running boards

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a set of factory chrome wheels and factory tires on my 2005 with 400 miles on them. They are in perfect condition. Please pm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts