Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one coming in late november and would like to have the wheels chromed.If anyone can help,please let me know.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will let you know. I should have my SSR at the end of October. I will also have the wheels, door handles and grille chromed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Performance Plus, Long Beach, CA has access to SS/R Chrome wheels and centers. They charge $775.00 exchange. This includes removal, remounting, balancing. These are factory SS/R wheels they say. Talk to Chris (cheeseburger) at 562-988-0211 .

My wheels are waiting for the truck to arrive. Yes, it will be the first place I go. I am checking into chrome plating the grill BAR at a location just down the street from Performance Plus. I'll let you know how much and how long it will take.

I am also checking into lowering the truck a couple of inches in the rear and maybe one inch in the front. This will be by a professional installation company. I'll keep you posted on the progress and cost and how you too may perform the same.

Flames????? How about yellow, blending into white with a blue definition line seperating the red from the white? Just on the hood and front fenders?

:thumbs

·
Registered
130 Posts
Was thinking about the chrome wheels also, but after looking at the way the wheels, running boards, door handles and interior trim all match in finish, I think they look good the way they are.

At least until I see one all chromed and then I might have to go chrome crazy:jester

·
Registered
349 Posts
Chroming; fit and finish

Before anyone goes "chrome crazy", keep in mind that the billet aluminum parts on the prototype have been replaced with cheap plastic and/or pot metal parts on the production models. Be careful how you remove, chrome plate and replace these pieces!

My red one (#369) just arrived at the dealership yesterday, to be delivered to me after 7-10 days showroom time. I checked it out last night. The running boards look great in the silver color! The hood is tweaked toward the passenger side so that the center of the hood doesn't line of with the center of the gold bowtie (very noticeably off by about 3/4"). The dealer suggested that the best way to repair the paint nick in the top of the right front fender is to repaint the whole fender (damaged in transit). I hate that, but what can I do? The rubber gasket across the bottom of the tailgate hangs out on the passenger end (I hope easily fixed). Glue residue is very obvious at the corners of the roof split where the factory "repaired" the leak problem (no big deal). Inside, it feels smaller and much more confining than the outside look would indicate, but is very comfortable. No cupholders except for a rinky-dink add-on that can be positioned on either side of the console in the way of leg room. It will break off easily in either spot with one misplaced knee. The dash has two miniature slide outs (a change tray, I think, and a very small cup holder), both obviously add-on after-thoughts that are almost worthless.

All in all, it's going to be a real attention getter, and a lot of fun to drive. I just wish all of you could have a dealer that is as conscientious and ticky as mine. He is the one that spotted the few defects with an action plan to fix everything.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Peaches, my salesman was also very meticulous. I have a small factory defect in the lower portion of my passenger door. He spotted it and reported it to me. We did not even notice it. He polished the inside of my wheels until they were shining. He also found me a little bit of rebate money which was totally unexpected! I tipped him 50 bucks for all the hard work he put into this deal. He was happy, though I felt like I should have given him a little more.
Brian

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Applicable rebates

I will be taking delivery of my SSR shortly and have called GM to see what rebates are currently applicable on 2003 SSR's. What are you guys getting out there in the form of rebates? Any commercial rebate? Farm Bureau membership rebates? I know recent college grad applies if you are one Im told. Also any GM card earnings should apply (am I right?). There used to be a GM owner loyalty program for $750-1,000. Let me know please. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts