Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to replace the < C H E V R O L E T > hood badge with a new bright chromie. Anybody ordered one or have a part number? R

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
hhrome

Part number is 15214403, requires special handling to order from GM. It is what GM calls a ship direct part, which means it is shipped from their supplier. I ran it on the GM locator and no dealer has one in stock, so go to one your dealers and see if they will order it for you. :ssr :seeya

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
Front Cross Bar

It's wonderful to have a connection to get P/N's..... thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm interested in putting the Bright Chrome Cross Bar onto my truck, along with the leading edge hood piece. I'm sure it must be a "direct ship part" also. As yet, I've not seen a part number for it. Any help????

Mike

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Front cross bar

Part number is 15836675. You are correct in that it is a ship direct and requires special handling. :) :seeya

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I tried GM Parts Direct but no find with those parts no.'s. It would be nice to know the cost prior to getting the dealer to order what you need. Any idea how much those two items cost? Thanks, Ed:) :jester

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
All GM has right now is a temporary price. The name plate is 97.00 and the cross bar id 320.00. This is subject to change. :ssr

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Another Option

Another possibility is to get the appearance package GM# 15214401. As I understand is had the grill bar chevrolet bar, door handles, foglight bezels (other parts??) in bright chrome.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
Hold onto yor wallet!!!!

From a previous thread:

THE BRIGHT CHROME PARTS COME AS A KIT(15214401) YOU GET front fascia moldings, hood emblem assembly, door bezel assemblies, tire caps and mounting hardware. COST $869.00

Yes, that large sucking sound comes next...........

Exhale, Exhale, Exhale...........

Mikey

·
11,997 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
From a previous thread:

THE BRIGHT CHROME PARTS COME AS A KIT(15214401) YOU GET front fascia moldings, hood emblem assembly, door bezel assemblies, tire caps and mounting hardware. COST $869.00

Yes, that large sucking sound comes next...........

Exhale, Exhale, Exhale...........

Mikey
Actually price is now $724.50 on gm parts direct

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
Good.........

Thanks,

That's a lot better........kinda :eek

How do we sell this concept to the financial advisors? :rolleyes: Can we claim an increase in gas mileage that makes it worth the money? :jester I'm sure that we can think up some excuse to spend $$$$$$

Mikey

·
Registered
442 Posts
option pricing

So for hundreds less than the price of the chrome option, you get all the chrome pieces PLUS the satin pcs. duh? Option overpriced? Anyone seen price of two-tone option, yet?

·
11,997 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Thanks,

That's a lot better........kinda :eek

How do we sell this concept to the financial advisors? :rolleyes: Can we claim an increase in gas mileage that makes it worth the money? :jester I'm sure that we can think up some excuse to spend $$$$$$

Mikey
I think I found my answer.. A friend of mine owed me some money from about 12 years ago. Just got the first payment. I think I'm getting bling for the outside.

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Two Tone Paint

Danko said:
So for hundreds less than the price of the chrome option, you get all the chrome pieces PLUS the satin pcs. duh? Option overpriced? Anyone seen price of two-tone option, yet?

On my window sticker: HORIZONTALLY LAYERED TWO TONE PAINT--$750.00

·
11,997 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Watch out for the "Pause" when you tell her....
I think the pause will be when she sees the chrome on the SSR.

pause...... when did you get that?......pause :lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts