Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had great success on Chroming there stock SSR rims and what kind of cost have they incurred?

Or does anyone have the stock number to purchase the thru GM parts, but will I have to be a direct decanted of Bill Gates $$$$

·
Registered
705 Posts
my ride is pimped up enough not to want the added "snoop dog" effect. :reddevil

·
Registered
28 Posts
Chrome Wheels

Performance Plus (Long Beach, CA) exchanged my stock wheels for chrome wheels including mounting and balancing and the chrome center caps for $950.00. This was performed in December 2003. This is probably impractical for you in PA (shipping and having no wheels/tires during this process) but may be practical for someone here in southern CA. Ask for Chris (cheeseburger). When the wheels came in, it took less than 45 minutes to unmount the old and remount the new. I think they look great. They look identical to the factory wheels($1250.00) except the "bow tie" is not gold.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Chrome Wheels..... & Cdn Market

Was in Toronto last week and went by a dealer near the airport.

MARKET IN CANADA vs. USAThe dealer has rec'd 5 SSr's and sold one. The list price in Canada for a well equiped truck is nearly C$80k or US$60K :nono BUT GM Canada has come out with an "inadequate" rebate program of C$10k as there are more imported from USA SSr's on the road than there are one's purchased through Canadian Chevrolet dealers! The salesman told me that he felt the only way they could sell SSr's is if the price gets to <$C50k or about US$37.5. He showed me documents from GM Canada telling them the list for the '05 was being 'market adjusted' and would be just under C$60k for the Base truck..... he also indicated the dealer cost for this truck would be in the order of C$52.5k and that they would be pleased to sell and ordered '05 for $1000 over 'dead cost'> there is no holdback in Canada according to him.... he had no idea about the opion pricing for '05 but GM Canada really reamed their consumers (i.e. yellow paint is C$800/US$600; 1SB is C$3500/US$2700 et cetera) on the 03/04's which is one of the key reasons why most of the SSr's in Canada are imports..... you can buy a loaded truck, as we know, in the USA for about US$45k which is <C$60..... does anyone have the USA '05 pricing?????? :)

CHROME WHEELS Of the four on his lot, three have chrome wheels but not the factory ones. The sales person told me that they send them to North Dakota for chroming rather than order the wheels as the Canadian price is C$2400 (about US$1800).... he quietly told me this is costing them about C$1000/US$750 including shipping, dismounting/remounting the tires, et cetera. :lol

:boxing

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Chrome Wheels

I was very fortunate to be able to get the chrome wheel option added to my ordered SSR. I have to say there are a lot of great looking wheels on the market. However, I think staying with the original stock wheels or having them chromed is the best way to go. (Before you buy any other wheel you have to check out the chrome version in motion)
It wasn’t until after seeing them in motion at night-time that made me realized how awesome they really look… especially under the night lights while they spin down the road!!!. The slotted spokes took on a whole new look at night. I had always wondered why they made them with that slotted spoke design. Someone in engineering knew how breathtaking those chrome wheels would look, especially when they were in the spinning/ reflection mode! :thumbs

Ps. I live near the Canadian border and understand how the $ is. Some have come to the States to buy their SSRs .

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts