Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Proud Original Owner
18,157 Posts
Get well, Chuck, there's ice cream being made by the minute!!

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR Smokin Asphalt
15 Posts
Prayers for a speedy recovery, as stated before, follow the doctors orders and do your exercises. My wife had double knee replacement surgery about 4 years ago, and yes had both done at the same time. So she knows what you are going through, and she says "listen to you doctor".

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Hey Chuckster
Been there twice already, do your exercises that your therapist says and you will be back walking to your local ice cream parlor with Dick.

·
Super Moderator
13,908 Posts
Just signs of age I guess, but my right knee buckles on me, causing a full front dive - xrays show nothing
Sitting in an easy chair with my right leg crossed over my left, when I try to disengage that, my right knee cracks
I noticed on my recent long drive my foot and gas pedal don't have a lot of fun.
It seems the tranny tunnel forces my lower leg to slant to the right, placing pressure on my inner knee.
Not sure if that was explained well, but when the fuse went out causing failure of cruise control & hi-beams it became a very uncomfortable drive when I could not place my right leg in a comfortable position

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Chuckster all the best sir!

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR Redline red
25 Posts
My ICE CREAM buddy had knee surgery today. He is fine, walking already.

Chuck was hoping it would make him look younger, NO luck!!

So our Retired Lieutenant Colonel will be laid up for a while.

Pushing the gas pedal on his R with 202, 000 miles may be a problem for a while.

Dicktator

1. At SEMA Dicktator/Chuck/Mike Moro
2. Grand Canyon
3. Las Vegas
4. "Bobble Heads" of Chuck/Dicktator
5. Maggie Valley
6. "TODAY" in recovery, looking as good as he can.
God Bless for a speedy recovery, your pedal foot will be good in no time - The Hat

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,321 Posts
Thanks for sharing the news Dick. Here's hoping Chuck has a speedy and complete recovery! My wife said it was the best thing she has done so far! Well, except for marrying me! 😂

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
@RaticalSSR: amen to that...
I want to thank everyone for their kind words and encouragement.......honestly this is a real ....for those who have endured this pain you can relate.....little or no sleep is part of my routine.....but as I understand the end result will be worth the trip.,.....background...this is the repair of an old softball injury in 1976.....at that age 34 I should have just been an observer.....result was bone on bone and a mess according to the ortho surg....What I need now is my old drill sergeant for a therapist.....I will be getting home therapy for another week or so and then outpatient.....I will ask for the therapist that will not cave to my verbal abuse....Anyway thanks again for your extended family concern.....Looking forward to routine r events again and for sure the next international.....Chuckstr

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,735 Posts
Congratz Brother
Glad you were finally able to get it done
PHYSICAL THERAPY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF RECOVERY!
WORK IT UNTIL IT HURTS, THEN WORK IT MORE!!
I hope you can find a good drill sergeant to help you!!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts