Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
just a a little ramble, i purchased my 05 aqua blur in June this year, since then i have fitted murth mirrors and a new set of plugs and leads, i know they are good for 100,000 miles but i have an LPG conversion which makes it necessary for more frequent changes, petrol (gas) is equivelant to $7 us gallon here in England so LPG helps a little. changing the plugs is not for the faint hearted or weak, i have just purchased a new cooling fan from Mike of Simple Engineering what a honest and great person to deal with, the fan was fitted today and is working fine every one over here said surely you could find a fan closer to home,but i liked the look of Mikes fan although with buying ,shipping, and Uk tax it cost me £565 ($735:blur::blur:) i,m sure it is worth it.
enjoying my SSR
chris

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Jim,

Welcome from Middle Georgia. I have a special connection to England (due to Mother's passing there in 1972).
Through this forum I met a amazing individual--Mark Chapman (Slingshot SSR Owner, that lives in England);
he helped me find people that knew my mom. I hope you get to meet him some day...great guy!!

Speaking of great guys: Mike in AZ has been to several of the same rallies here in the US that I have attended...you are spot on when you call him a great and honest person!!!

Glad to hear you're enjoying your SSR!! Easy to imagine that you share the same PERMAGRIN that we all do, every time we turn the ignition and step on the accelerator!!!

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
The Worst thing that can happen to an SSR Owner IS...... Arriving at your destination and having to Turn it Off and Get OUT !!! Worth Every Penny to drive and own..... Welcome to the Family !!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,211 Posts
Welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,624 Posts
Welcome from the great State of Ohio! When it comes to our little Hot Rod Trucks, every penny is worth it!
Keep enjoying that Permagrin! :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
Yes, Mike will never steer you wrong. Enjoy the ride, with your weather having the option of top up or down in 30 seconds will be handy. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
Let me add my :00000732: also from the Great State of Tennessee !!! Home of the Grand Ole Opry, Jack Daniels, The Beautiful Smoky Mountains, the Bell Buckle Cafe, Miller's Grocery & Country Cafe and THE tennesseecozydog, SWT RYD, go daddy, HAD2HVT, CHAD FPR, Lady Di, Pikeville 904, N2CRUZN, Jim & Sharon and no tellin' how many more SSRfanatics hidin' out in the mountains of East Tennessee !!! :ssr

·
Slingshot Rules!
73,923 Posts
WELCOME, Chris . . . from Southern Arizona.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !​

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Welcome to the group Chris you are now part of the Big SSR family, a great group of people. Have a few pints of good old English beer for us at your favorite pub. Where about's are you in England you never know when one of us might drop by for a visit sometime.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Welcome from Venice, Fl. Also have an Aquablur. Don't have to say I love it. Have never seen another one other than mine. Kind of a rare breed. Enjoy the ride.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts