Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Could anyone tell me why the ssr battery drains, I have a newish battery and a tender but if I leave it for two weeks it struggles to start, of all the vehicles I have owned none have been as bad there must be a underlying problem, any clues ?
Thanks Chris.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Battery still could be bad if the battery is low some tender only maintain a charge not recharge so if you start with a low charge it will stay low.Do you know the make of the battery? I have seen exide battery be one day old have a dead cell.May want to pull it out and have each cell checked and check the water level if they check out ok but low try changing it with a regular charger If it is a sealed battery then you can't ck the cells or water.hope this helps

·
Premium Member
6,477 Posts
First thing I would do is, take the battery out, fully charge it and then get it load tested. And remember it's got to be charged, you cannot get a true reading on a half charged battery. And then go from there.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,402 Posts
If the battery tests as fully charged I would have Solenoid and or starter draw checked.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,016 Posts
Do you have aftermarket Radio or gauges installed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts