Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed a set of 6 month old wiper inserts before the Rally because they were jumping and making noise. First rain shower wipers started jumping and making noise. Next day I cleaned the windshield with Walmart Equate Baby Shampoo. No more noise or jumping.
The wax in my carwash apparently builds up and causes the problem. I am going to put a couple of capfuls in the W.washer reservoir and see what happens.

Jack

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,365 Posts
Thanks for passing along that tip Jack. -- :smile2:

◆◆◆ - Additionally, to dry the glass afterwards I've found that newspaper actually does a very good job. Easy to use crumpled up, leaves no streaking at all and just toss after you're through. - :wink2:

With my old eyes heading South, I need all the help I can get to keep driving!! - :laugh:

===============
David :black:
images-4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I have found out newspapers really work good Warrior=='06. I don't always use them for some reason ... I guess cause they're not always handy. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
364 Posts
A dry clean micro-fiber cloth works pretty good as well also on just "regular" dirt & grim. Still need some sort of spray cleaner to get rid of heavy greasy films though no matter what one uses.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
I changed a set of 6 month old wiper inserts before the Rally because they were jumping and making noise. First rain shower wipers started jumping and making noise. Next day I cleaned the windshield with Walmart Equate Baby Shampoo. No more noise or jumping.
The wax in my carwash apparently builds up and causes the problem. I am going to put a couple of capfuls in the W.washer reservoir and see what happens.

Jack

Don't put it in your washer fluid

The over spray and blow back will streak and remove the wax from the body and roof of your truck and make a mess for you to deal with. :frown2::crying:

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
cleaning

I have used Coca-Cola to clean the windshield when the wipers chatter. Strips it right off. My dad used to use it as well in the 50's. Works great if you are on the road when it happens.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,919 Posts
Thanks for passing along that tip Jack. -- :smile2:

◆◆◆ - Additionally, to dry the glass afterwards I've found that newspaper actually does a very good job. Easy to use crumpled up, leaves no streaking at all and just toss after you're through. - :wink2:

With my old eyes heading South, I need all the help I can get to keep driving!! - :laugh:

===============
David :black:
View attachment 503177
They still sell newspapers?
:surprise:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts