Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent three hours detailing my SSR. I need to know what some of you use to clean the inside plastic interior. Everthing I use just doesn't seem to do the job. I like a finished look. Please help!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Mostly, a dry dusting, or possibly a damp towel. I preferr the natural mat finish of the textrued parts.

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
two things

Conisceurs choice for the leather, and Pledge wipes for the door panels and dash.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Cleaning your SSR

Well Hottrod Grl i use Zaino for mine on everything as iam really happy with all of it ya except for the first time damm alot of work lol.But i wash it with zaino then i do the tires and rims last.Then i pop the hood while dripping wet and take out the weed blower sears brand 210 mile an hr blow dry the SSR under hood first then close and blowdry the rest outside then open doors blow water off door sills.Then i wipe down with zaino spray detail damm it shines lol.But for tires i still like the extra shine armoer all.Then go to inside first do the windows i just use windex because yep i wipe the whole inside down with it.Then the zaino Leather in a bottle for Leather smells new emmmmmm.Then ya i like armoer all on the rest to give it all a shine.Then a good vacum then my air Freshners.Sometimes it all takes forever but if you ever seen my shine well it speaks for itself hope this helps some good luck.Doug :thumbs

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just use a damp soapy micro fiber cloth. It works great on all the textured stuff, makes it looks like showroom. The same works on all the satin details as well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Less than a year after I bought a new Chrysler 300M in 2000, the surface of the (soft, padded portion of the) dashboard began to oxidize. I had some Armor All leather cleaner on hand (that I bought for the seats), so I tried it on the dash, and it worked great. It removed the oxidation (and kept it away for about three years), and didn't leave that nasty, greasy shine that the Armor All vinyl product does.

This is now my product of choice for all interior leather and plastic surfaces.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Invisible Glass

I use Invisible Glass (the aerosol spray window cleaner) on a rag to clean the interior plastic. It works really well at removing fingerprints and marks from the silverish plastic around the shifter and on the cross piece that goes across the dash. It works great on the windows too...

·
Registered
73 Posts
From the same company that makes Invisible Glass, Stoner products has a great interior cleaner and protectant. Works great on the bed plastic too.

SSR M.E. said:
I use Invisible Glass (the aerosol spray window cleaner) on a rag to clean the interior plastic. It works really well at removing fingerprints and marks from the silverish plastic around the shifter and on the cross piece that goes across the dash. It works great on the windows too...

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank You All

Thanks everyone for the great info! Looks like I'll be running to the Auto store tomorrow. Figure I have a lot of time on my hands this weekend. So I'll spend some TLC on the SSR. If the interior dosen't look good now, then I have no one else to blame but myself! :grouphug

1 - 12 of 12 Posts