Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaning SSR Windshield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know on my Z06 C5 the windshield is pretty difficult to reach behind the dash in order to clean it. I know on other sites and my own a lot of people came up with creative ways to deal with the issue. I use a fly swatter and wrap a nice clean cotton towel around it. It's gets into those hard to reach places.

Any other suggestions or inventions?

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
FatherLarry said:
Cleaning SSR Windshield

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know on my Z06 C5 the windshield is pretty difficult to reach behind the dash in order to clean it. I know on other sites and my own a lot of people came up with creative ways to deal with the issue. I use a fly swatter and wrap a nice clean cotton towel around it. It's gets into those hard to reach places.

Any other suggestions or inventions?
Here's the best one I've found so far http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000&L2=L2_1001&SKU=90247

A WINDOW AND SURFACE CLEANING SYSTEM FOR ALL OF THOSE HARD-TO-REACH AREAS
Having clean windows is a pet peeve of mine. Getting to some of the corners and edges on the inside of my windshield and rear window requires the arms of an octopus and advanced yoga moves! Just slip the bonnet over the sturdy padded holding system, spray our Window Cleaner on the bonnet and boom! Ultra-clean windows! The long, comfortable gripping handle allows you to maneuver into even the tightest of areas. You could even add an extension pole. Even remote surfaces of your glass can finally be cleaned. Also great for wood furniture, countertops or metal surfaces in your home. Three thick, washable bonnets are included in the set. One Micro Fiber, one Terry Cotton and one Nylon Mesh for really dirty surfaces. Now window cleaning can be fun!

I highly recommend this vendor!

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
I've been looking for 'Glass Wizzard' and can't find it out here on the Left Coast. I've checked Wal-Mart and K-Mart. neither one has it. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
cruzned said:
Two words, GLASS WIZZARD, suggested earlier by Wildcat I think. Works terrific. :thumbs

lloger said:
I've been looking for 'Glass Wizzard' and can't find it out here on the Left Coast. I've checked Wal-Mart and K-Mart. neither one has it. Any ideas?

wildcat66 said:
Linens and things, has it. That's where I bought mine, I think Target too.
This is the cheapest place I have found it on the internet;

http://www.amerimark.com/cgi-bin/amerimark/cat_item.html?prod=25534&media=G01534&days=XVQ

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Might as well get some scented candles too ! :glol :glol :glol :jester

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Devastator said:
Might as well get some scented candles too ! :glol :glol :glol :jester

Just make sure they don't relax you to much:lol Hey maybe that is what that indash cup holder is for :glol

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. If I can't find it at least now I can order it online.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Pits, you say?

StepPrinting said:
I use an Aaron to clean the winshield....Now if I can get something that will fill the "pits" on the outside....life would be grand.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com
Pits, you say? Dozens of "itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny" pits that can only be seen under certain light conditions?

I thought that was only on mine, and I figured that it may have been caused by following a sand truck or something. Is anyone else having this problem?

I wear a bra on long trips, trying to avoid any chipped paint on my front end. (The bra HAS caused "pitting" on top of the fender at the back end of the bra, though.) But the windshield thing is another matter.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
wildcat66 said:
Linens and things, has it. That's where I bought mine, I think Target too.
Thanks Wildcat, Gerry went shopping today and picked me up one at Linens and Things. It works great....

·
Premium Member
31,272 Posts
cwmorgan said:
Pits, you say? Dozens of "itsy-bitsy-teeny-tiny" pits that can only be seen under certain light conditions?
More like 10's of thousands, at least on my Silverado. None on my SSR yet. The only way I can think of to get rid of those is to see if some glass shop can polish them out. That sounds like it'd be time consuming and expensive, and might be just as much as replacing the whole windshield anyway.

If there's an easy way, I'd love to hear about it too. Too bad those peel off helmet visor covers that race drivers use don't work for windshields! :rolleyes:

PS: What's this "aaron" thing ??

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
ssr71 said:
Too bad those peel off helmet visor covers that race drivers use don't work for windshields!
Watch any NASCAR race! You will see peel off windshields. It's standard now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts