Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have sworn, some of you guys, a few days ago were talking about cleaning products for your SSRs and someone said something about Blue Dawn !!!! Could that have been the dishwashing soap???? If so . I have never heard of that !! What are the best cleaning things , Polishing stuff, Tire cleaner etc. On my '64 ' Vette, I have used Medallion Premium Paint Protection for a few years-- anything better out there ??? Thanks guys !!

R

·
0 Posts
Zaino's

I've recently started using Zaino's polish and wash at the recommendation of several folks on this site. It is great. As a part of preparing for the first treatment with Zaino's, they recommend washing with Dawn to remove all old wax. You don't won't to use Dawn on a regular basis.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
GitchesumZainoson!

There are actually two us that post here that deal in the stuff. Of course you can order from the company site if you like (no credit cards.) Read all about it at www.zainobros.com. If it matters to you, there are several "Vette" clubs that use it as the "official" club car care. Got questions? We can probably answer them! Don

·
Registered
705 Posts
according to Zaino directions, Dawn is a basic (as in base vs acidic) solution that gets all the build up off of your car to get it prepared for the treatment. Once you apply any wax on it, they don't recommend using it since it will dissolve the previous treatments. Zaino works best if you apply many coats. It's the additive effect is what you want so no Dawn after the very first time. I'm up to 5 coats and will add another 2 this week.

R

·
0 Posts
Take a look at a picture of my C5 after just 2 coats of Zaino from my web site which is referenced in my sig line. (Go to the "other sites link" and then the "I've never seen such a shiny car" link. Zaino is the best there is. I was not a dealer for Zaino until after I became a Zaino "convert". As others have correctly pointed out the only reason for Dawn is that first-time wax removal purpose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts