Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
I sound like a Zaino rep here.

Diggs said:
How do you folks clean the brushed chrome? It seems to show body oils and fingerprints quite a bit.

Diggs
But I guarantee that if you keep it Zainoed, most of those stains, etc. will come off with H2O!

M

·
0 Posts
For one thing, I try not to touch them. When I close my door for example, I make sure my fingers are behind the brushed stainless steel and on the body recess part.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:thumbs I used Zaino for the first time this week and I gotta tell ya, it works better than anything I have ever used. I was not sure but after hearing of it all these years, in spite of the high price, decided to give it a shot. It is worth every penny. It is pretty labor intensive to put on all the steps, but in the end, it removed all swirl marks, some scratches, and gave it the deepest shine she has had yet. Afterwards I was at a car show and then it stormed pretty good. Coming home, the water beaded up and rolled off the vehicle perfectly. After being in the garage an hour or two I went out to check on her, and it looked as if I had never driven in the rain. Now that is a good polish!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Now that's clean...

I'm not sure I have the dedication for Zaino. It sounds like a heck of a lot of work and I'd rather be out driving (SSR, GTO or Harley) than at home sweating.

I was doing a little de-bugging on the Harley and the brushed chrome on the SSR and the GTO was still on my mind. I took some of the Harley Glaze and wiped them down. It is good for almost all of the bike (including the windshield), so it seemed like a natural.

It looks awesome!! I used it on the brushed chrome inside and out. The fingerprints are gone.

BTW, we have been using the leather dressing from Harley on our seats, too.

Diggs

·
Registered
54 Posts
Diggs said:
BTW, we have been using the leather dressing from Harley on our seats, too.

Diggs
I always thought the harley leather stuff is - I don't know - too sticky I guess. It keeps the leather soft but makes the dirt stick. Have you tried the Corbin leather care stuff? It works pretty well, especially the sealer if you get caught in the rain a lot (Like I do :) ).

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Leather treatment

Used the Zaino leather treatment this weekend - did the job and no residue/sticky stuff. Also the whole Zaino car finish treatment just isn't that tough - the results are worth it.

The only problem is now my girlfriend wants me to do her Taurus!! I might slip some Turtle Wax in on her. (I mean on the car)

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
LOL!!! ;) I don't think Zaino takes that much extra time, even when I just wash my SSR with water I still have to dry it all off and the time is about the same as with the polishing steps. an extra 30 minutes for the polish to dry and your set to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts