Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've been trying to find these as I saw them on another members ride doing a google search.

Who has them?

Stew

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,908 Posts
Check your State inspection rules before you install smoke lenses on taillights or side markers. Many states do not allow them. I had them on my Corvette and had swap them out with the OEM lenses when I got it inspected. Never got pulled over for it but would not pass inspection.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,274 Posts
Are you sure that what you saw was clear side marker lens? Rope (Rdstr42) has a silver R on which he did a light mist spray of silver onto the marker lens along with a masked off bow tie. At first glance it looks like clear lens in the pictures of his truck.

The smoked ones you saw may have been painted as well with a lens tinting spray paint such as that made by Rustoleum or VHT

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
Ok, I've been trying to find these as I saw them on another members ride doing a google search.

Who has them?

Stew
Hi I also like that look , maybe track down the fanatic directly and post results .
If markers are available easy to swap them out for inspection . Dave

·
Premium Member
842 Posts

Who has them?

Stew
Stew

Your probably referring to my truck.

The side lights are painted with a single light mist of Ricochet Silver with the bowtie masked so the rear shows red and the front shows amber. The reason that I masked the bowtie is because the law requires a reflector which the bowtie meets that requirement. I also used clear LED bulbs because they shine a bit brighter and at night they’ll actually shine through the silver paint with their respective color.

The front lamps in the grille are painted with a transparent smoke tint color and I also used clear LED bulbs in them so when they’re on they still have the amber color to them somewhat.

Rope

Attachments

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stew

The side lights are painted with a single light mist of Ricochet Silver with the bowtie masked so the rear shows red and the front shows amber. The reason that I masked the bowtie is because the law requires a reflector which the bowtie meets that requirement. I also used clear LED bulbs because they shine a bit brighter and at night they’ll actually shine through the silver paint with their respective color.

The front lamps in the grille are painted with a transparent smoke tint color and I also used clear LED bulbs in them so when they’re on they still have the amber color to them somewhat.

Rope
Well I have to say, you fooled me! The front marker lights look great. I’ll probably start there. So a light smoke then and led" Got it. Did you purchase your marker led’s here or ??

·
Premium Member
842 Posts
Well I have to say, you fooled me! The front marker lights look great. I’ll probably start there. So a light smoke then and led" Got it. Did you purchase your marker led’s here or ??
Stew

You’ll need to change the flasher to a TRIDON LM486 by NOVITA and the front marker LED’s that I used are 6K WHITE 7443 21 LED PARKING BACK-UP LIGHT BULBS 7440 | 1 PAIR 7443_21_W from VLEDS.com, however I’m not sure that they still offer that bulb might need to check with them.

Rope

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stew

You’ll need to change the flasher to a TRIDON LM486 by NOVITA and the front marker LED’s that I used are 6K WHITE 7443 21 LED PARKING BACK-UP LIGHT BULBS 7440 | 1 PAIR 7443_21_W from VLEDS.com, however I’m not sure that they still offer that bulb might need to check with them.

Rope
Hell yes! Thank You Rope!

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stew

Rope
Hey, Rope, what did you do to drop the rear and level out your SSR?

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Belltech has just the rears, just ordered a 1.6” rear set from them.

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Hi All
I used this Belltech kit with good results, lower front 1" could have done 1 1/2" and rear 2", rides and handles great.
Belltech 796SP Rear 2"-3" Lowering Kit w/Shocks for SSR/Envoy w/Front +1" to -3"

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At 4:30 am! :surprise:
Somebody is having fun fixin' up his SSR.
Have fun.
:ssr
Brian
No, I did it the evening before :wink2: I guess that Post read that way LOL!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts