Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Perfectionist
05 Redline, 06 Pac Blue, Spfld, Illinois
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen or made a set of clear acrylic splash guards? Was thinking of makin a set to keep rocks etc... from chipping things up. Years ago in the 80's I made a set out of plexi. They attached with snaps and were removable at the car shows. Just thinkin......

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,009 Posts
Has anyone seen or made a set of clear acrylic splash guards? Was thinking of makin a set to keep rocks etc... from chipping things up. Years ago in the 80's I made a set out of plexi. They attached with snaps and were removable at the car shows. Just thinkin......
I made clear rear splash guards for my 81 Corvette from Lexan. I fastened them with heavy duty Velcro. Car was black and the Velcro was almost invisible when the guards were removed. Do not use Plexiglas/acrylic is will chip and shatter especially if you are drilling small holes in it for mounting. The Lexan is polycarbonate and is unbreakable, won't yellow and very resistant to scratches. You can get it at any home improvement store for a few more $ than the acrylic.
Greg
:yellow:

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
I've made and had them on my SSR for many years. They do get rock dents in the surface and yellow over time and I just make another set.

Keeps the rocks off the ground effects and rear fenders.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts