Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have read the threads on clear vinyl coatings for the paint and it seems that they are getting to the point of "perfection" but if they are that good and clear would they protect our "impossible to replace" windshields? I am on the third one on my high mileage :blue: but the lower mileage one has a near perfect windshield and I would like to keep it that way.

Experts please weigh in!

Are there legal questions as well?

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,931 Posts
Maybe it'd be like buying a Boat..... the 2 happiest days are....
Don't know how it would be after running the wipers or trying to fix a BB shot, both on the glass and the vinyl, or sandblasted. LeftCoasters have different environs to deal with.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Dwight, found this ..... https://clearplex.com/
Don’t know much about it, but there are places here installing it on high end pasta rockets!!!
Thanks, found a dealer nearby and sent a request for information. Will follow up here IF I hear anything.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
Ok, I have read the threads on clear vinyl coatings for the paint and it seems that they are getting to the point of "perfection" but if they are that good and clear would they protect our "impossible to replace" windshields? I am on the third one on my high mileage :blue: but the lower mileage one has a near perfect windshield and I would like to keep it that way.

Experts please weigh in!

Are there legal questions as well?
I talked to some people at SEMA a couple years ago and it is "do-able"...... I have a pasta-rocket wrapping guy in North Scottsdale that has promised to work with me to get a pattern made. He said they are only good for a few years........ hmmmmm.

I'm at SEMA again and will check again on the possibilities with the suppliers here.

Regards, brother

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to some people at SEMA a couple years ago and it is "do-able"...... I have a pasta-rocket wrapping guy in North Scottsdale that has promised to work with me to get a pattern made. He said they are only good for a few years........ hmmmmm.

I'm at SEMA again and will check again on the possibilities with the suppliers here.

Regards, brother
Thanks Mike,
Wish I could make it this year. Have not been there for quite a while. Too many irons in the fire I guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts