Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last few times I shut the engine off when cold there is a constant clicking at thottle body area. Last about 3 to 5 seconds. Did not notice it when hot. Thanks, Robert

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Does it happen just turning key from run to off?
You may need to use a long screwdriver as a stethoscope and have somebody else turn engine off.
Place blade against plastic cover on area in question and place handle against your ear. Then listen at various places as the key is shut off to determine were the noise actually id coming from. Throttle body motor, purge solenoid (just behind throttle valve -- etc.

If you are sure throttle body, you might try cleaning it as it could be binding somewhat when cold and throttle body surface is contracted - so that the plate doesn't quite close all the way. Be sure not to use any products that contain Methyl Ethyl Ketone, according to service manual it may damage fuel system components

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,157 Posts

·
SSR Believer
1,125 Posts
Good find Auggie. That throttle body sensor issue sounds very similar to SWT RYD’s. Found this older thread on the subject here:

At least replacement sensors aren’t too spendy.

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will check it out when engine is cold. Drove about 250 miles today, stopped several times and no noise. Thanks, Robert

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,987 Posts
But what about that extra paint? :)

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,242 Posts
Dave I'll have you know I actually deblinged and reduced some weight. I have painted some center caps and the original Bowtie is not there. That's vinyl tape which is lighter.??? View attachment 573645
==============================================

Man......your rims look great!!!

●○● ~ Just wondering, do you have any problem with your Rimblades sticking to your chrome wheels? Mine kept "flinging" off. Besides the prep steps do you have a secret for making them stay on??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
==============================================

Man......your rims look great!!!

●○● ~ Just wondering, do you have any problem with your Rimblades sticking to your chrome wheels? Mine kept "flinging" off. Besides the prep steps do you have a secret for making them stay on??
Dave. I bought my original ones from RimBlades out of Hawaii. After about a year I replaced rear tires. They can't be saved when replacing tires. I had enough to do one wheel so I ordered another set from him. They changed the design. I ordered a set on eBay ( they are called wheel protectors). Installed them on the other wheel. After them coming off 2 times something had to be wrong. I checked the stickiness of the tape. It hardly stuck to it. Picked up some 3M tape at O'Reilly's same width as the blade and did the slow process of removing the tape that came with the blade and replacing it with the 3M I bought. Works real good, do not have a problem. That's my story. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Installed new TBS. Still slight noise when key is turned off. Put your hand on TBS and have someone shut engine down and feel if a clicking is occurring. Maybe normal. 6.0 if it matters. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts