Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have the air or heater blower in the off position a clicking occurs in the right center of the dash above the cup holder. Turn the fan on the noise stops. Pushing the recirculate button starts the clicking. Turning the key off starts the clicking which continues for a second after the key is removed. The a/c, heater, and blower all work. Any ideas ?

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
I never shut off my fan motor. Always on #1 setting.

You can go to Tech Discussions/SSR HOW TO LIBRARY, Click on Skydrive and look at AC Blower Motor. I had twenty lbs of leaves in mine.

But yours is the door closing. Try leaving fan in #1 position and see what happens.

Try this, it is kinda a reboot, if you will.

Calibrating Actuators:

The HVAC door calibration must be performed after a HVAC door DTC has been repaired or a HVAC door actuator has been replaced. Refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn OFF the ignition
2. Press and Hold the following HVAC control module switches:
- A/C Request switch
- Recirculation switch
- Rear Defrost switch
3. While depressing the switches turn the ignition to the RUN position. (I think this requires three hands )
4. Wait 5 seconds
5. Press the Recirculation switch
6. Observe the A/C Request switch LED and the Rear Defrost switch LED. The LEDs will flash slowly to indicate calibration mode.
7. When the calibration is complete, the LEDs will flash quickly.
8. Turn OFF the ignition.

Dicktator

When I have the air or heater blower in the off position a clicking occurs in the right center of the dash above the cup holder. Turn the fan on the noise stops. Pushing the recirculate button starts the clicking. Turning the key off starts the clicking which continues for a second after the key is removed. The a/c, heater, and blower all work. Any ideas ?

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I never shut off my fan motor. Always on #1 setting.

You can go to Tech Discussions/SSR HOW TO LIBRARY, Click on Skydrive and look at AC Blower Motor. I had twenty lbs of leaves in mine.

But yours is the door closing. Try leaving fan in #1 position and see what happens.

Try this, it is kinda a reboot, if you will.

Calibrating Actuators:

The HVAC door calibration must be performed after a HVAC door DTC has been repaired or a HVAC door actuator has been replaced. Refer to the following procedure:

1. Turn OFF the ignition
2. Press and Hold the following HVAC control module switches:
- A/C Request switch
- Recirculation switch
- Rear Defrost switch
3. While depressing the switches turn the ignition to the RUN position. (I think this requires three hands )
4. Wait 5 seconds
5. Press the Recirculation switch
6. Observe the A/C Request switch LED and the Rear Defrost switch LED. The LEDs will flash slowly to indicate calibration mode.
7. When the calibration is complete, the LEDs will flash quickly.
8. Turn OFF the ignition.

Dicktator
These same instructions keep getting posted over and over again without explaining how in hell you can push the recirculation switch in step 5, while you're still holding it in from step2. Where does that switch get released? When do the other two switches from step 2 get released? We've discussed it before, more than once. How about correcting the instructions before posting them ad nauseum. :banghead

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I knew I could count on this forum. I am going to leave the fan switch in the number one position. If that does not work I will re-calibrate as per your instructions. Thank you, you are running a great forum

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,269 Posts
I really don't think the calibration procedure will correct this. From the sounds of it I think the issue is a cracked gear in the recirculation motor. About a $40 part, dealer will charge about $2000 to replace due to taking the dash completely apart. If you have small enough hands you can get in there and do it yourself, there are a few posts here discussing it. I've done a few, really a PITA to do. Sure hope the cal works ......

·
Georgia SSRers
1,008 Posts
dash clicking noise

I think the issue is a cracked gear in the recirculation motor. About a $40 part, there are a few posts here discussing it. I've done a few, really a PITA to do. quote]

I searched for posts about this and this is the only one I found, REALLY old one.

I have the DREADED clicking in the dash and YES, turning the control to #1 or higher stops it.

I bought the part, but haven't wanted to tear the dash out so far.

my QUESTON....If I don't replace it, will the clicking damage something else over time ?
or is it just an indication of a bad gear in the unit ?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I searched for posts about this and this is the only one I found, REALLY old one.

I have the DREADED clicking in the dash and YES, turning the control to #1 or higher stops it.

I bought the part, but haven't wanted to tear the dash out so far.

my QUESTON....If I don't replace it, will the clicking damage something else over time ?
or is it just an indication of a bad gear in the unit ?
Fred, the actuator will fail over time. It shouldn't hurt anything else, as the clicking noise is in the actuator gears.

First thing is to figure out which one is making the noise. Some of the actuators don't have to have the dash pulled to replace. So it could be a simple fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts