Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of an '05 demo SSR, 8.000 miles... Got a great deal, but have noticed when I let out on the clutch quickly, there's a metal sound. I'm taking it in to a different dealer to have them look around. Plus, it doesn't seam to have a lot of pick up. For a 400 HP truck I expected more. Any comments???

Hutch

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:eek
Hutch said:
I just took delivery of an '05 demo SSR, 8.000 miles... Got a great deal, but have noticed when I let out on the clutch quickly, there's a metal sound. I'm taking it in to a different dealer to have them look around. Plus, it doesn't seam to have a lot of pick up. For a 400 HP truck I expected more. Any comments???

Hutch

·
Registered
483 Posts
I noticed a healthy clutch clunk on an '06 I drove. The truck had 85 mi on it. I drove it on a pretty good test drive and was glad I bought an A/T..I didn't care for the feel of the rubbery shifter and for me locating gears was difficult with so many speeds. It didn't feel too strong off the line either, and I sure couldn't light it up to find out what it would do..at the driveway returning to the dealership I pushed the clutch in and out rapidly a few times like when you test a clutch for chatter..man it clunked real good. The salesman shrunk in the seat and said nothing when I remarked "feels like it needs a clutch"..:rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Absolutely Love My 05 6 Speed....it Hauls!!!!
Looked For A Long Time For A Loaded(all Option)
Red 6 Speed....isn't It The Same Transmission As
In The Corvette????

·
Registered
39 Posts
I Was Told It Is The Same Transmission....i Know It's 1500# More Than
A Vette....can't Be As Fast But Still Fun....i Only Have
900 Miles On Mine So Far...just Short Trips....will Take It Further
If It Ever Quits Raining....wish The N.w. Group Would Have A
Cruise...maybe Thru The Gorge...old Highway.....

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
There are some minor technical differences, but the manual transmission is the same as in the Corvette, GTO, and Cadillac CTSV. It is directly attached to the rear differential in the Corvette. It was also used in the Camaro.

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
I am not sure what caused the increase, but it probably had to do with commonizing engine hardware between the various users.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts