Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,585 Posts
The GM part # is 12555205 Click on the link below $6.14 also fits many other Gm models so the dealer should not have a problem getting you one also .
Clutch Spring

·
Bad is Good
288 Posts
I have a broken clutch pedal return spring. Any ideas where I can get a replacement.
just replaced mine yesterday. got it from wholesale gm parts online, said it was in stock but they out source. took a week to arrive.not happy about that. could have amazoned it and had it in 2 days but pay twice as much
ordered 2 to have a spare or to share
remember clip the 2 sides in first and then push clutch pedal all the way up and the spring will fall in the pedal easily. also give it a little lube for the spring before install:grin2:

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having trouble installing new spring. I put the two sides in but can't get the center in the cradle. I know there must be a trick. The pedal doesn't move up towards the driver much. Do I need to remove anything.

·
Bad is Good
288 Posts
Having trouble installing new spring. I put the two sides in but can't get the center in the cradle. I know there must be a trick. The pedal doesn't move up towards the driver much. Do I need to remove anything.
With the 2 sides in place, depress clutch all the way to firewall and the spring will almost fall in by itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts