Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead The noise from the rear wheels is WAY too much. How can I reduce the road noise too a reasonable level, at least to enjoy my Bose system. Any ideas?? HELP !!
Howard

·
Registered
46 Posts
noize

Howard said:
:banghead The noise from the rear wheels is WAY too much. How can I reduce the road noise too a reasonable level, at least to enjoy my Bose system. Any ideas?? HELP !!
Howard
I suggest you put on ZZ Top, and crank it up. Sure works for me!:glol

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
I'm gonna dynamat my doors on Tuesday. I'll let you know any difference.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Registered
893 Posts
Dynamat

Purple Penelope said:
I'm gonna dynamat my doors on Tuesday. I'll let you know any difference.

P/P

Putting Dynamat in the top compartment....will also help........It acts like a echo chamber for the sound from the rear and under the truck.....:seeya

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,198 Posts
TSB for road noise in air vent

Howard said:
How can I reduce the very loud road noise in the cockpit. Seems to be from the rear tires, even on a smooth road the roar is so loud whats the use of having a good bose system when you have such an interferince ! Has any one come up with a solution? Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Howard:smash
There ia a TSB on this that puts a baffle in the air exit vent at the bottom of the top compartment on each side. Wingrider has experience with this and says it helps cut the noise down. The exit for the vent is through the side of the top compartment and dumps in front of the tire.....

The noise is high frequency and can also be attenuated with acoustical foam. If the TSB does not satisfy your needs you can always take matters into your own hands. A lot of us have. If you are into experimentation, try getting some (looks like the inside of a recording studio) and experiment with placing it in the panels external to the top compartment......

I also just finished lining the inside of my doors with Dynamat. Even my wife commented on the improved sound of the Bose system. It also reduced the 55mph exhaust resonance in the cab.

Good Luck,

Mike

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Dynamat install complete. What a difference:smash

Comparison in the bass frequencies is monumental. Now the seat vibrates with the sound...if you want it like that. Also the highs are more "percussiony" if the word exists. Used 4 sheets (18'x32") for both doors. Not a big undertaking if you want to do it yourself.

Best investment since the rockers.

P/P

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Dynamat install complete. What a difference:smash

Comparison in the bass frequencies is monumental. Now the seat vibrates with the sound...if you want it like that. Also the highs are more "percussiony" if the word exists. Used 4 sheets (18'x32") for both doors. Not a big undertaking if you want to do it yourself.

Best investment since the rockers.

P/P

P/P,
Did you install anywhere but the doors?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
Now the seat vibrates with the sound...if you want it like that.
.....now that's a great combo; cruising with the top down with a vibrating seat:yesnod :ssr :yesnod

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
big-daddy...only did the doors. talked about doing the floor and under the seats, but would be an all day(additional) affair. Didn't have enough dynamat left to do that large an area.

Will PM you Rick.

frank....Sun in your face, wind in your hair, and vibrating dierrire. Don't get any better than that.

P/P

1 - 10 of 10 Posts