Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Supercharged "Flaming Yellow Tweety"
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started up "Tweety" after going to the AT&T store and it was running really rough. Got home and checked for loose plug wires which was the case before but all were in place. Noticed check engine light was on so checked for codes and had P0202 - P0208 which came up as bad injector or bad injector circuit. What would cause the whole side to go bad?

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
442 Posts
Started up "Tweety" after going to the AT&T store and it was running really rough. Got home and checked for loose plug wires which was the case before but all were in place. Noticed check engine light was on so checked for codes and had P0202 - P0208 which came up as bad injector or bad injector circuit. What would cause the whole side to go bad?
I may have the threads confused, but I thought you posted that your truck was dead on one cylinder after an autocross and that it was due to a bad coil which you replaced. Is this a continuation of the same issue or am I confused? If a whole bank of injectors is indeed out I would look for a loose connector in the injector harness, maybe not plugged back in adequately or knocked loose when the supercharger was installed. You could take a noid light & see if indeed they are being pulsed. I can't imagine four going bad at once on the same side!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,392 Posts
I may have the threads confused, but I thought you posted that your truck was dead on one cylinder after an autocross
This is beyond my skill set but I have been following another interesting thread on injectors that has input from @Autoprof @tuckerred1948 @nj6969 and others that seem to know about these things.
I think autocross was Achias, but not sure. I was lucky and Plugs and wires fixed mine. I have not had any experience with injectors.

Nick

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, I was not in an autocross, musta been someone else.
I had my mechanic look at it and we found a blown fuse for the injectors on that side. Put another fuse in and it blew instantly, found that I have a ground somewhere. Have at a shop that can trace it better. I did hit something metal on the road the other day, like a metal tie down but did not see any broken wires under there but it was just a quick look and he said wires go through the frame, we'll see. I just hope it isn't in the computer. I'll update youse guys once I know.

Thanks,

Ayesijuan

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Sorry, i missed this post some how. It could be not related to your incident. One shorted injector of the 4 will nlow the fuse. Lets hope its that simple.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, i missed this post some how. It could be not related to your incident. One shorted injector of the 4 will nlow the fuse. Lets hope its that simple.
Thanks, we didn't go that far. It seemed to be shorted to ground so I don't know if a shorted injector would do that. The shop we took it to supposedly has a device that will pinpoint exactly where the problem is. They haven't called me yet so I don't know if they have had a chance to work on it but I will call Monday to see how it is coming along.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
Disconnect all injectors, if it still blows fuse its not an injector. i think, i will check diagram later, that it might also power 4 of the coils.
Don't quote me on that, hard to remember all that when i haved had to diagnosis one.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
I finally was able to look this up and the injector fuses also provide power to the ignition coils on the same bank. So it is also possible that a shorted ignition coil could blow this fuse.
easiest test with out meter
Unplug coils AND injectors for those cylinders, install new fuse. If fuse blows with key on then it is wiring - if it does not blow, then plug in one at a time until fuse blows. Leave the the one that blew the fuse unplugged. Then install another new fuse and plug in remaining coils and injectors to be sure that there is only one that is causing a problem.

If you have a meter you could check out resistance of coils and injectors

NOTE coils have 4 terminals/wires - one pink, one brown, one black and the other color will vary vary depending on the cylinder #. Check resistance between corresponding Pink and the other 3 -- any that is much lower than the rest is suspect

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,072 Posts
As a general rule, pink is the color wire GM uses for things that are powered with the ignition on..... There are probably exceptions, but I don’t know of any on the SSR....

My two cents.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally was able to look this up and the injector fuses also provide power to the ignition coils on the same bank. So it is also possible that a shorted ignition coil could blow this fuse.
easiest test with out meter
Unplug coils AND injectors for those cylinders, install new fuse. If fuse blows with key on then it is wiring - if it does not blow, then plug in one at a time until fuse blows. Leave the the one that blew the fuse unplugged. Then install another new fuse and plug in remaining coils and injectors to be sure that there is only one that is causing a problem.

If you have a meter you could check out resistance of coils and injectors
View attachment 585911

NOTE coils have 4 terminals/wires - one pink, one brown, one black and the other color will vary vary depending on the cylinder #. Check resistance between corresponding Pink and the other 3 -- any that is much lower than the rest is suspect

Dangit, wish I would have waited until I checked with you guys. It was an injector, #2. Now I am about $800 into this with them troubleshooting and changing out the plugs. I bought a whole set off of Amazon but they don't seem to work as it is shooting lean codes and running rough. I ordered another set and ensured it said 42 lbs in the description.

Thanks for all the help and I will now know what to look for. (y):)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No prob, I took it straight to the shop before getting on here because my mechanic was here and would bring me back and like i said he thought it was a hard ground to the chassis or the computer.

Reactions: Autoprof
1 - 14 of 14 Posts