Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SSR, Black with purple flame wrap
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just scored a black 2004 SSR with 37k miles. It has a Magna Supercharger and runs great. With the Supercharger, the stock intake and coil pack cover does not fit. I would like suggestions for attractive coil pack covers. Thank all of you that commented on my how to jump start an SSR. Seems I was doing it right but my battery was too far gone.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,111 Posts
FWIW: I went a different route...
DD0F4560-7489-4DFD-A8B8-271DBA428102.jpeg

...using LS9/LSA valve covers. If you change the actual valve covers vs. adding covers over the existing coils and covers, you’ll want to do some research on oil consumption, especially with a supercharger.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,478 Posts
View attachment 591195

...using LS9/LSA valve covers. If you change the actual valve covers vs. adding covers over the existing coils and covers, you’ll want to do some research on oil consumption, especially with a supercharger.
Love the smooth finish on that alternator

·
Daily Driver
8,967 Posts
View attachment 591195

LS0/LSA valve covers will change oil consumption?

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
LS0/LSA valve covers will change oil consumption?
Yes, different baffling. Also some valve aftermarket valve covers do not have a PCV orifice. The LS9/LSA valve covers also are setup for direct mounting the coils.

Obviously I mistyped LS9, but why in hell can't I edit it?
Don’t know. You should be able to edit by clicking on the three dots on the margin of your post.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,258 Posts
Edelbrock and others make coil pack covers. View attachment 591193
I purchased a set of the Edelbrock covers about 10 years ago in an attempt to cover the coils on my supercharged engine. I had two issues with them........
1) The coils mount to the underside of the covers on cast-in bosses that are not the same bolt spacing as the LM4 / LS2 coils. I think they are intended for LS1 coils.
2) The amount of cutting and grinding to clear the power brake booster, alternator, S/C accessories and such was more involved than I expected.

My 2 cents,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
I liked the Holley covers until I began to burn a lot of oil. I subsequently switched to the LS9/LSA covers.
Here is my write up that covers my experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts