Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know if the k&n cold air kit that fit on the 03 and 04 will fit and work on the 05? thanks burt

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
If you look at the stock air cleaner set-up it is running pretty straight into the throttle body.
Personally I don't see where the investment in cold air induction (if one is available) is going to be offset by horsepower / torque. I just put a K&N filter in it and away we go!
Check the other threads by doing a search, there is tons of stuff written on the subject.
Good Luck and most of all have FUN ! :seeya

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had put a K&N set up on mine and I am very disappointed with the way it was built :cuss It wasn't engineered to be on center with the motor for no real reason from K&N. I think there set up looks like crap. K&N said they have no desire to fix it either :mad
SO I MADE MY OWN
ANYONE CARE TO SEE SOME PICTURES?

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
I do not know about the latest Corvette, but the production SSR intake system has less flow restriction that the '03 Corvette.

·
Registered
218 Posts
here the K&N piece of #$%&
It is off center for no known reason :mad :mad :mad :cuss :cuss :cuss
Thats K&N quote

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here is my remake of there part that the don't want to correct :cool
Oh yeah it would involve someone using a measuring tool BUT I'm not bitter
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
218 Posts
One more thought about cold air intake.
The factory one I believe is a fairly good one but when I dyno my SSR we pulled the stock intake apart and it did gain 6 more HP. But then again in all fairness the car was standing still also. Bottom line I think the K&N looks cool and does help with the performance to bad the could make it with the hole on the center.

I also intend to send a link of this thread to K&N just to see if they feel like responding :boxing

Later
Tom :lurk :flag

·
Registered
127 Posts
SSRcobra said:
One more thought about cold air intake.
The factory one I believe is a fairly good one but when I dyno my SSR we pulled the stock intake apart and it did gain 6 more HP. But then again in all fairness the car was standing still also. Bottom line I think the K&N looks cool and does help with the performance to bad the could make it with the hole on the center.

I also intend to send a link of this thread to K&N just to see if they feel like responding :boxing

Later
Tom :lurk :flag
Food for thought - when I installed mine I thought it was for the torque(movement) of the engine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts